Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rush single far cry released!

• 12-03-2007 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Check out http://www.rush.com/ for a full listen!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

WOW! Its class. Quite a new groove I think, not really the hemispheres era, just a bit in places, so many layers, really dense, FAR OUT! have to listen again. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Holy ****ing **** Ricky.
    We gotta buy that now!
    Somebody start this ****ing go-kart now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Brilliant! what a groove, what a chorus - great guitars, melody the whole thing just rocks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Great stuff..just listened to it now great track,,what I reallyy luv about it is the positive sound really upbeat and positive..thats RUSH doing what they do best :)

rockkkkkkk roll on the tour...

ciao' amigos...new rush singal, cheltenham, rehearsals with the band...ahhh what a week :)

Baggio........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sounding really good. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Thankfully they seemed to have really stuck to their sound, I was afraid that they may in the words of Spinal Tap come out and said "Hope you like our new direction". The chorus is a bit light and would like to see more time changes and other proggy mischief but when they get down to it, they rock! I'm definitely going to try and see them live somewhere, can't wait for when the tour dates come out to plan it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Oooh, very heavy, I likes. Kinda vapor trails / hemispheres / moving picturesy, with added heavyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Judge2112

Brilliant! I can't wait until the album is released.

Too bad no radio station will play it here in Dublin...(?)

Which leads me to a question: Are there any ROCK stations in Dublin? I am tired of this sugar-coated crap they flood the airwaves with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nice! :) Alex has got a bit erm pudgy eh?

Mike.

yeahh not bad for 3 53 year olds eh!?. :)
    you know - everyone goes on about bowie and the stones bla bla..but how many of those older acts are producing newwww music now of this standard?!...RUSH RUUULLLEEEE!!!hahahaha

ciao' amigos..Baggio...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

mike65 wrote:
    Nice! :) Alex has got a bit erm pudgy eh?

Mike.
    Yeah, Neils looking a bit rubbery too, but considering everything he's been through (tenth anniversary this year) and all of them hitting their mid fifties I reckon they're aging reasonably well (actually I think Geddy is :cool: the older he gets). Anyway, along Baggios lines, how many bands their age sound this fresh? I know they're not about to turn the music world on its head but this song has certainly put a spring in my step

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Sounds great! Really looking forward to the album now. A band I have to see before I die (or they do, whichever!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭icon

Honestly, I'm only a recent convert to the music of Rush, took me a while to get into their stuff, but I've gotta say this is sounding great, old school, can't wait to hear album!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

This is Rush at their best, bring on the album and tour,:cool:
    wouldn't it be great if they finally got some decent airplay? i'm fed up with them being ignored by critics, music press, tv, then again, who needs it, look at their last UK tour, a sell out.
    btw, first UK gig confirmed Gasgow, SECC, 3rd October.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ok Rush fans of Boards.ie. my birthday is 2nd October, ya can bring me to Glasgow:D

:D
    Mushy wrote:
    Ok Rush fans of Boards.ie. my birthday is 2nd October, ya can bring me to Glasgow:D
    See you there.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It wouldn't suprise me if Baggio and a few others are already planning a Glasgow trip.

:D good thinking karl my man!
    ....welll actually ive always gone to wembley arena to see them as its sort of part of my life now RUSH concerts at wembley arena, week off every year for cheltenham etc etc hehehe...anyway my folks live in Luton,,,so usually go that way and let the brother another fan! drive me up etc..but hes now moved north...'.........sooooo for the first time ever Im really looking at going to NEC Birmigngham to see them...most of my band mates in Never Say Die are coming too,,,and ive a feeling there will be a good few more NEW fans going to see em for their first time too....

cant wait..waiting and watching for news of tour dates etc and when tickets go on sale...gosh they sold out fast last time couldnt believe it... so will jump in veryy quick this time :)

see yas there amigos¬!....Baggio....

GalwayRush, only if your paying;)

Mushy wrote:
    GalwayRush, only if your paying;)
    Drinks on me.last time on the R30 tour, we all met up in a great pub, almost certain it was called Solid Rock. if you get there, drinks on me.:cool:
    Last time i did all 6 shows and Milan. this time, i'll be doing the 6 Venues, not sure how many shows though. . plus the 2 at the Ahoy Holland. ( Dutch friend got me tickets for the Dutch shows already 0:D

• Advertisement

Baggio wrote:
    :
    cant wait..waiting and watching for news of tour dates etc and when tickets go on sale...gosh they sold out fast last time couldnt believe it... so will jump in veryy quick this time :)

see yas there amigos¬!....Baggio....
    Last tour, I was a member of t-n-m-s.com and some well connected people there organised a stalker tour, tickets included. this time they are offering a full Stalker and a Stalker lite for those who can only make a gig or two.
    So this might be a good way to secure tickets for anyone who's worried about getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

kinda puts every other band of longevity to shame dunnit.

Maccattack wrote:
    kinda puts every other band of longevity to shame dunnit.
    puts a hell of a lot of younger bands to shame as well. It certainly puts a lot of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees and members to shame as well.
    And i thought i was a relative Newbie to the music of Rush, only got into them in 1979:D

Galway Rush...well said :)

yeah what amazes me is soo many "hard rock" fans here will pay big money to see over priced concerts of average level bands, and yet wont pop across the water on a cheapie flight for a concert costing much less for a chance to see the finest 3 piece band there has ever been?,,,classic rock giants etc....and their still filling venues...that theyv sold out for 2o years etc...could go on and on as i do!..but i wont......birmingham nec here i come :)

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

^^I'm one of those people who always pays over the odds for average gigs. White Stripes FFS:O. And they not even average! Thats the reason I'm going to Werchter...all bands I want to see and cheaper. Unfortunately its the reason I've no money for England to see Rush, just waiting on that Lotto win now:p. Plus, I'm nearly falling over waiting for Pumpkins to announce a show here, and its by now a lifetime necessity that I see this band, this year. No disrespect to Rush now, cos its also a necessity to see Neil Peart live too

We'll all have to meet up before the gigs.NEC could be the best one, as the Eucon, annual Europeam fans get together will most likely be on that day.
    I can organise tickets for that for anyone interested.
    Again, this will be a sellout tour, not bad for a band with no mainstream radio or tv exposure.last time, i was amazed at the amount of Irish people at various UK shows. there were 5 other people on the flight back to Galway sporting Rush R30 t-shirts. for so many years i thought i was the only one here, lol.

I just heard the official Dates.:D :D:D:D:D
    I can say 7 gigs though.
    Sworn to secrecy for 4 more days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

galwayrush wrote:
    I just heard the official Dates.:D :D:D:D:D
    I can say 7 gigs though.
    Sworn to secrecy for 4 more days.

Ah...go on go on go on go on GO ON!!!!! :p

I just hope there's a weekend gig in, say, Manchester. That'd make life easy...

peter1892 wrote:
    Ah...go on go on go on go on GO ON!!!!! :p

I just hope there's a weekend gig in, say, Manchester. That'd make life easy...
    A problem with a;) London date, clashes with Donny Osmond...........:eek:
    Starts 3rd October in Glasgow, and the last date was suppost to be the problem date above ( look it up:D )
    Manchester.............................................. Sunday.;)

Provisional dates, confirmed on Monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement