Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Club in Blessington

Options
  • 12-03-2007 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I heard there was a gun club in Blessington that a pistol range, anyone know anything about it?
    It would be a good bit closer to me than where I currently use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Well, Hilltop Quad & Sporting Club is the only one I know of in that neck of the woods, but they're kinda on the other side of the mountains, near Newtownmountkennedy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

kildarejoe wrote:
    I heard there was a gun club in Blessington that a pistol range, anyone know anything about it?
    It would be a good bit closer to me than where I currently use.

There is I cannt remember the name of it but its very near Blessington on the Killbride road. They have a very good setup, run like a military range with firing details so that everyone gets a fair go of the range and the differnat ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DJKH

Rew wrote:
    There is I cannt remember the name of it but its very near Blessington on the Killbride road. They have a very good setup, run like a military range with firing details so that everyone gets a fair go of the range and the differnat ranges.

Aghfarrell near Brittas: Take the right at the Blue Gardinia if coming from Dublin, around 2.5Km take the right fork as if travelling towards Kilbride, 500 to 700 meters beyound the fork, you will see large gates with Eagles on them, this is not the entrance (we are working on it) but just before on the left two gates, close behind you, follow dirt track to the bear left as the dirt trail forks, road fine for any car, no need for a 4 wheel.

Home of Dublin Target Shooting Club, the range is a 25meter pistol range, fully compliant with JSP standard and Garda approved.

The range is run by NRA (USA) Qualified range officers and we make no apology for strict range control. Range briefings are held before each detail.

We like to have visitors introduced by club members but bone fide members of any other clubs are welcome.

Shooting only 11:00 to 16:00 Saturdays. The members have a wide range of shooting irons and are very willing to dicuss the benefits of them!

Hope to see you there

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kildarejoe

DJKH wrote:
    Aghfarrell near Brittas: Take the right at the Blue Gardinia if coming from Dublin, around 2.5Km take the right fork as if travelling towards Kilbride, 500 to 700 meters beyound the fork, you will see large gates with Eagles on them, this is not the entrance (we are working on it) but just before on the left two gates, close behind you, follow dirt track to the bear left as the dirt trail forks, road fine for any car, no need for a 4 wheel.

Home of Dublin Target Shooting Club, the range is a 25meter pistol range, fully compliant with JSP standard and Garda approved.

The range is run by NRA (USA) Qualified range officers and we make no apology for strict range control. Range briefings are held before each detail.

We like to have visitors introduced by club members but bone fide members of any other clubs are welcome.

Shooting only 11:00 to 16:00 Saturdays. The members have a wide range of shooting irons and are very willing to dicuss the benefits of them!

Hope to see you there

Thanks for that.
    That sounds like the place I was thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

How much is membership for new members ? And if your not a member of another range how do you go about joining ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Taradusk

Would that be take a LEFT at the Blue Gardenia as you come from Dublin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yup

Advertisement