Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Illustrator - Simple Triangle

Options
  • 12-03-2007 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I'm new to Adobe Illustrator so go easy. :)
    Probably a really simple question for most of ye but I am having trouble drawing a triangle or more to the point, resizing it.. I select the polygon tool and choose 3 sides. But when I go to resize it, I am not sure how to anchor some of the corners. Seems a bit of a hit and miss affair that some of the points move and some stay anchored. Cant seem to find any help online for this basic task! I notice that hovering the mouse over will either change to a black square or a hollow white one. Cant seem to figure this out. Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Drax wrote:
    I'm new to Adobe Illustrator so go easy. :)
    Probably a really simple question for most of ye but I am having trouble drawing a triangle or more to the point, resizing it.. I select the polygon tool and choose 3 sides. But when I go to resize it, I am not sure how to anchor some of the corners. Seems a bit of a hit and miss affair that some of the points move and some stay anchored. Cant seem to find any help online for this basic task! I notice that hovering the mouse over will either change to a black square or a hollow white one. Cant seem to figure this out. Any help greatly appreciated!

Select the polygon tool
    Click on the page which brings up a dialogue box.
    Fill in the radius and number of sides
    Click OK

Resize:

Select the object to resize
    Double-click on the resize tool
    Enter the value in % uniform.

How accurate is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Dude, you're using the white arrow tool. Use the black arrow tool.

Go to VIEW>SHOW BOUNDING BOX

Then resize to your hearts content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Thanks Hank. Got it working now. :)

Advertisement