Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90si stopped working. Repair or replace?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Paul_D wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping up the old thread.
    I have triton 90si and it had stopped working recenlty. It makes a usual noise but a lot quiter. The pressure is lower as well. I've opened a cover and discoverd a lot of black resedue on the cover. Filter is clean. I've started the shower with the cover open and it seems that the rotor is not rotating.
    Does that sounds like a motor failure? Should I bother with buying a new one or just get the whole unit replaced?

I am having the same problem with my triton T90si. I was advised it might be the brushes like poster below said. I have recieved these brushes in the post today but don't know where they are in the shower. Does anyone have a fitting guide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dry

Hi
    I also need brushes ..where did you get them?
    To replace..
    The brushes are at the top of the motor.
    Switch the power off!
    Remove the cover
    Remove the black cover on the left of the unit to expose the motor.
    You can now see the copper connections to the motor the brushes are on the left and right there.
    Remove the motor find and replace.

Regards

All sorted and working fine. You can get brushes at. www.shower-spares.co.uk. Part number: TRI/22006680. Cost €14 delivered.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    All sorted and working fine. You can get brushes at. www.shower-spares.co.uk. Part number: TRI/22006680. Cost €14 delivered.

Hope that helps

+1 Good site.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi Guys
    Check out http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/triton-electric-showers-1282-0000 it's a great site if you are replacing your shower and the prices are top class.

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

don't deliver to ireland though, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Slight sideline post - anyone out there got their old T90 SI that they want to get rid of?

I am looking for a simple plastic part but Triton want to charge me an arm and a leg for the whole pump even though I only have a small plastic piece cracked.

Kace wrote: »
    Slight sideline post - anyone out there got their old T90 SI that they want to get rid of?

I am looking for a simple plastic part but Triton want to charge me an arm and a leg for the whole pump even though I only have a small plastic piece cracked.

post this in the electrical forum and an electrician might give you the next shower they take out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bgpauly

I have the triton T90si about 5 years had no problem with it until today. She only trickuls out water when power putton is pushed, any idea's lads?

Bgpauly wrote: »
    I have the triton T90si about 5 years had no problem with it until today. She only trickuls out water when power putton is pushed, any idea's lads?
    Sounds like the sane problem I had check for Dusty residue under the cover and the link I posted to the carbon brushes

• Advertisement

Bgpauly wrote: »

Its either

1, The motor

2. or the pump

or it could be just a blocked head.

To check the motor...well it wont run

To check the pump turn the water all the way to cold is it pumping any faster.

To check the head

Leave the head over night in 50% water and vinager then rinse it... Note... Not malt vinager.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

hi
    we have a triton t90 si, it tripped the main fuse board and knocked out all the sockets. looks to be leaking water from underneath it near where the hose comes out.
    its at least 5 and a half years old, it was in the house when we bought it so it is possibly 9 years old.
    would it be worth trying to fix it or just replace it?
    if just replace what other showers out there are good and reasonably priced?!
    i presume it is a pumped shower (I know nothing about showers!).
    thanks in advance!

ash_18x wrote: »
    hi
    we have a triton t90 si, it tripped the main fuse board and knocked out all the sockets. looks to be leaking water from underneath it near where the hose comes out.
    its at least 5 and a half years old, it was in the house when we bought it so it is possibly 9 years old.
    would it be worth trying to fix it or just replace it?
    if just replace what other showers out there are good and reasonably priced?!
    i presume it is a pumped shower (I know nothing about showers!).
    thanks in advance!

It sounds like your pump houseing has cracked.

Just buy a new one. they are T90 xr now.

They are good valve in a lot of places.

although my own personal fav is a mira elite 2 which is the same principle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I find our T90SI runs very hot, as its hard to get the water cool enough. Heavy lime in the water. Is it just a matter of cleaning filters? Water pressure seems poor too.

BostonB wrote: »
    I find our T90SI runs very hot, as its hard to get the water cool enough. Heavy lime in the water. Is it just a matter of cleaning filters? Water pressure seems poor too.

Thats one possible problem. clean the filters and clean the head. The head can be cleaned with a solution of 50% vinager and 50% water.

Leave it overnight... It works great.

Take the head off and dont use vinager near silicone as it disolves it...

Dont use malt vinager either...it stains plastic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've cleaned the head, though I've never found that the vinegar thing works tbh.

Are the filters easy to get to?

It sounds like your pump houseing has cracked.

Just buy a new one. they are T90 xr now.

They are good valve in a lot of places.

although my own personal fav is a mira elite 2 which is the same principle

Thanks joey!

I think it will be easier to replace it alright. I can get one for €229.

I will look into the mira as I hear the triton are bad energy wise. Would it be easy to put the mira in the place of the triton or are pipes and stuff on a different side?

Thanks.

Thanks joey!

I think it will be easier to replace it alright. I can get one for €229.

I will look into the mira as I hear the triton are bad energy wise. Would it be easy to put the mira in the place of the triton or are pipes and stuff on a different side?

Thanks.

It makes no sense to complain about energy consumption considering the length of use but if its important to you then go ahead.

The pipe work has differences. Thats why most stick with the one they have.

Good price btw

It makes no sense to complain about energy consumption considering the length of use but if its important to you then go ahead.

The pipe work has differences. Thats why most stick with the one they have.

Good price btw

Fair enough, its just I have seen loads of people complaining about them. Energy consumption had never even entered my head till I saw the complaints.
    I will stick with the triton so!
    Thanks.

Fair enough, its just I have seen loads of people complaining about them. Energy consumption had never even entered my head till I saw the complaints.
    I will stick with the triton so!
    Thanks.

I agree... they do... Thats because there daughters spend 15min having a shower thats suppose to only last 5 min...

If you use a 9kw applience one a day for a week at 15min which is generally the case you are 1.5 kw hours per week in showering for one person. I am not to sure how much a kilowat hour is but it add up prity quickly...

Now if you only use the shower for 5min it will take you 3 weeks to use the same power...

BIG DIFFERENCE...

• Advertisement

I agree... they do... Thats because there daughters spend 15min having a shower thats suppose to only last 5 min...

If you use a 9kw applience one a day for a week at 15min which is generally the case you are 1.5 kw hours per week in showering for one person. I am not to sure how much a kilowat hour is but it add up prity quickly...

Now if you only use the shower for 5min it will take you 3 weeks to use the same power...

BIG DIFFERENCE...

That is very true....... when you think of it like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea just go for the same one as its easier to replace like for like, the energy consumption does not make a lot of difference really, its all about short shower times as joey says, and the higher kw rating would mean a higher flow at the same temp so a quicker shower maybe.

A KWH is about 14 cent, although i thought the 1.5kwh`s a week is a little low, 9kw shower for 15 minutes is 2.25kwh`s per shower. For a week is 15.75 kwh`s, maybe you meant 15 ranther than 1.5 joey? Or im miscalculating myself which is a good possibility.

That would be around €2.20 a week for one person, but if took the 5 minute shower it would be around 70 cent a week per person.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yea just go for the same one as its easier to replace like for like, the energy consumption does not make a lot of difference really, its all about short shower times as joey says, and the higher kw rating would mean a higher flow at the same temp so a quicker shower maybe.

A KWH is about 14 cent, although i thought the 1.5kwh`s a week is a little low, 9kw shower for 15 minutes is 2.25kwh`s per shower. For a week is 15.75 kwh`s, maybe you meant 15 ranther than 1.5 joey? Or im miscalculating myself which is a good possibility.

That would be around €2.20 a week for one person, but if took the 5 minute shower it would be around 70 cent a week per person.

:o

Thank you for the correction

:o

Thank you for the correction

Id say you were actually right but put the decimal in wrong place it looks like:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kendo78

My T90 was only installed a few weeks back , was working fine and switched of , when it was switched back on no water came out .. a little red light appeared on the unit, its is making the normal sounds like it should be working just no water ??? Any ideas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

Kendo78 wrote: »
    My T90 was only installed a few weeks back , was working fine and switched of , when it was switched back on no water came out .. a little red light appeared on the unit, its is making the normal sounds like it should be working just no water ??? Any ideas
    Hi,it mite be air locked .first turn off the power to shower at the fuse board undo the four screws of the cover and remove . Theirs a small bleed screw on the bottom left hand corner you just have to undo it a small bit until the water runs free tighten back up put cover back with screws best read the manual for better under standing of it first or get the installer back. its possible the filter needs to be cleaned if it was not installed properly.

Sounds like it possibly has an airlock alright, and needs to be bled like jj says there. The manual that came with it certainly would be helpful alright. Its a simple task if you know where to look.

When airlocked, the pump will sound like its not running smoothly as it runs too fast, but as you have not got the shower long, you might not notice the difference. Filter could cause it, but it would be unusual to suddenly stop completely, unless something got into the pipe. You just never know what could be in the tank blocking the pipe outlet

Dont run it anyway until its cleared, as it probably wont do the pump much good.

The attic tank being emptied out as well and did not re-fill for some reason would also cause it, although if it was this, the taps in bathroom and hot tap in kitchen would be soon afected too as well as toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Kendo78 wrote: »

A quicker way of bleeding it which is worth a try is turn your dial to 1 and the setting to cold and take off the shower head then try it until running proper...
    If it does not let any water through after being bled it is most likely a solenoid problem... if this is a new shower triton have an excellent back up service and will sort it out if you give them a call... As far as i know it is free if its the fault of the shower... If its not under warranty you could order a solenoid and they are very easy replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dubmark74

dry wrote: »
    Hi
    I also need brushes ..where did you get them?
    To replace..
    The brushes are at the top of the motor.
    Switch the power off!
    Remove the cover
    Remove the black cover on the left of the unit to expose the motor.
    You can now see the copper connections to the motor the brushes are on the left and right there.
    Remove the motor find and replace.

Regards

Hi, I'm looking to replace my brushes in a T90i. Do you have to remove the motor, can it not be done in situ. Any help on this appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭woodlands

replaced my triton myself a while ago ,bought new one off www.buyaparcel.com,great value

Advertisement