Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dream machine - a different slant

Options
  • 12-03-2007 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Inspired by the dream machine thread.

If you could get any car, ever made, for free. But you are never allowed to sell it or lease it etc, and you have to suffer the tax, insurance, fuel and maintenance costs personally. Also, it has to replace your current daily driver (i.e. if you have 3 kids a 2 door roadster is not going to be ideal, or if you require a commercial as a daily driver, then so be it), what would it be?

I have not decided yet.......

P.S. - Also, explain your selection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

Well, this has 4 doors so could probably take the two child seats. Those girls will have to get the bus, I suppose :-)

01large.jpg

Aston Martin Rapide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

SardineCanCar.jpg
    Spacious, comfortable and luxurious

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Any car ever made? :D:D:D

in that case I'd get the Jaguar E-class hearse from the Harold and Maude movie

docjag.jpg

As a classic car insurance and tax should be small enough to pay for the maintenance for a while.

And I can't think of a classier vehicle to transport myself, the wife and three dogs :D

If you're thinking real life vehicles ...Id' have the highest spec A6 avant with the tax friendly 1.9 diesel and quattro, of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

Ford Capri 3.0S

-Rebore and long stroke steel crank to increase capacity to 3.2litres
    -Triple Weber Carbs
    -Full Race spec steel engine internals
    -Race heads
    -Direct port Nitrous
    -Full straight through dual exhaust
    -Race camshaft
    -Custom Coilover suspension lowered 2.5inches
    -Series X widearch Kit
    -7.5x13 RS alloys.
    -Ford red paint

That's my ultimate spec car, would be nightmareish to drive in town, get about 10mpg (you could probably see the needle moving down), but that is my ultimate dream car, i've wanted one with that spec since i was 10 years old, would be fully prepared to put up with the insurance/fuel/tax bill for the awesone sound and the unparalleled driving experience of a fully race tuned capri 3litre S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

A reasonable family car with enough boot space for one bag of shopping and kitten in the back seats.

What else could you want?

612scaglietti06_07.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

There is no car that i would want to have if i could never have any other car. That would not be good. Maybe i have a ferarri f40 and drive it for a few days till it falls apart then leave it. That could work, though a few days would probably cost an insane amount to run and would have to drive it with no insurance..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

peasant wrote:
    If you're thinking real life vehicles ...Id' have the highest spec A6 avant with the tax friendly 1.9 diesel and quattro, of course

I don't think they do a 1.9 TDI with quattro anymore - I'd push it out to the 3.0 TDI myself (I'll manage the road tax as long as someone else is pickup the purchase cost!)

Why: I drove an A4 2.0TDI avant recently and really liked it, but felt the back seat was a bit tight... A small child and a busy life mean that a two seater/no boot is out as a daily drive.

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Maybe this.
    photos\b_bbAcuraHSC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Altho I like the look of this too:
    photos\b_bbFordMustangGTf3qtr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

M6 Cabrio
    style, comfort, power, 4 seats, open or closed top, room in the boot..

bmw_m6_cabrio_uff_04.jpgbmw_m6_cabrio_uff_11.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Bradidup wrote:
    Cant go wrong with one of these.

My grand dad had one of those. Horrible car. It eventually fell apart on him even though he kept it in a garage all it's life when not in use... :(

A different slant to the title, but I had a dream last week that I owned Knight Rider, fookin deadly fun it was too! :D

kitt_front.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Austin%20Allegro.jpg

As the add said for those that remembered.......they were one heck of a tough car!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Lemo wrote:
    Well, this has 4 doors so could probably take the two child seats. Those girls will have to get the bus, I suppose :-)

01large.jpg

Aston Martin Rapide

It would only take two child seats, as the back seats in the rapide are actually two seperate chairs, like the driver & passanger seats..

Advertisement