Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Increbile survial stories...

• 12-03-2007 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I was just reading someones thread there about dropping their N80 into a bucket of water. Personally, I've never really damaged any phones like that, but it did remind me of a friend who once jumped into a swimming pool with his new 3510i - at a time when they cost about 250 euro. He, despite my advice, went home, and put it in the oven on a baking tray!

It came out burning hot and I was laughing at his stupidity - until it turned on, and continued to work for months after that. A 3510 that firstly was submerged for about 20 seconds in a swimming pool, and then put into a hot oven.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

HavoK wrote:
    I was just reading someones thread there about dropping their N80 into a bucket of water. Personally, I've never really damaged any phones like that, but it did remind me of a friend who once jumped into a swimming pool with his new 3510i - at a time when they cost about 250 euro. He, despite my advice, went home, and put it in the oven on a baking tray!

It came out burning hot and I was laughing at his stupidity - until it turned on, and continued to work for months after that. A 3510 that firstly was submerged for about 20 seconds in a swimming pool, and then put into a hot oven.

My brothers had his on silent vibration on the toilet systron it fell in......not so lucky.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my old 3310 was drowned in beer and wouldn't turn on. i left in on a shelf for a few months* and then when i was on my way out to buy a new one i thought i might just try charging it for the laugh. it worked and i had it for another year til a scumbag stole it.

*this was when i was 14 and able to survive without a phone for more than ten minutes

Advertisement