Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mk5 security indicator on driver's door

Options
  • 12-03-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2006 Mk5 Golf 1.6 and found that the security light on the driver's door is not blinking as it should when I lock the car. Having investigated this further it seems that the LED itself is broken.

Does anyone have the VW part number for the LED or know if this can be replaced using a generic LED from an electronics supplier (RS etc)? If I need to buy the door trim itself to replace this I will, but only if I really have to!

Thanks,

Justin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's quite unusual for the LED itself to be faulty. The LED indicates that the locks are in 'safe' mode i.e. the deadlocks are engaged. The most common reason for the LED to remain off is a faulty door lock that will not deadlock. This is easy to check - sit in the car and lock the car with the remote - be sure to open and close the drivers door before you lock the car. If all deadlocks are engaged it will not be possible to open any door from the inside. Obviously if any open then there is a fault. I assume you've had a diagnostic computer read the convenience electrics system (Address 46).

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

Hi there,

The LED itself is actually broken off, i.e. there is no red 'dome' on the LED and I can see the actual LED itself. It seems that the door card was removed at some stage and in the process the LED was snapped off.

Thanks again,
    Justin.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

don't even try to fix it yourself. Your car has a 2 year manufacturer warranty so get any VW authorised service centre to sort it out FOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If the LED is broken then the dealer is going to tell you it has been damaged and is not a warranty repair and will then charge you for the repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

yea now that the OP has clearly described the fault it wont be accepted as a warranty claim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement