Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sli with agp and pci-e slot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Unusual experiment if not very practical, SLI is really capable of running over any bi-directional link but NV keeps things simple by locking everything into it's own motherboards and PCI-e lanes of 8x minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Using the old external SLI cabling method I presume?
    Fond memories of Voodoo2SLI:)

I knew I had read about this somewhere.
    Some guy had gotten Doom3 running on the Voodoo2's.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1462

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Beelzebub wrote:
    I knew I had read about this somewhere.
    Some guy had gotten Doom3 running on the Voodoo2's.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1462
    LOL Well at least everything isn't so dark looking with the Voodoos.

BTW Nvidia's SLi is fairly different to the Voodoo SLi. No external cables needed for one thing. The AGP/PCI-E Nvidia SLi thing on the Asrock board would have just run completely through the buses of the motherboard, not even an internal SLi connector apparently, since there wouldn't be a connection point for it on the AGP card anyway. I think the need for the SLi connector on PCI-E cards hasn't been mandatory for enabling SLi in the Nvidia drivers with a while now. I guess this trick takes advantage of that.
    I've actually got one of those Asrock boards, didn't know there were modded drivers out there which allowed this though.
    Hmmm... now where could I get a 7600GT/GS AGP for cheap? ;)

duridian wrote:
    LOL Well at least everything isn't so dark looking with the Voodoos.

BTW Nvidia's SLi is fairly different to the Voodoo SLi. No external cables needed for one thing. The AGP/PCI-E Nvidia SLi thing on the Asrock board would have just run completely through the buses of the motherboard, not even an internal SLi connector apparently, since there wouldn't be a connection point for it on the AGP card anyway. I think the need for the SLi connector on PCI-E cards hasn't been mandatory for enabling SLi in the Nvidia drivers with a while now. I guess this trick takes advantage of that.
    I've actually got one of those Asrock boards, didn't know there were modded drivers out there which allowed this though.
    Hmmm... now where could I get a 7600GT/GS AGP for cheap? ;)

Didn't know that SLI could be enabled solely through software now, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement