Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smyths the best 360 deal?

• 12-03-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I am very tempted to get a 360, so I'm looking around for the best deal available, the best I have seen is in Smyths 400 for a the premium with gears of war and smackdown 2007, it sounds pretty good but I'm not too bothered about the wrestling game... Has anyone spotted any other/better deals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

the deal in gamestop. trade in a console with 4 games(must be worth 44 euro) and get premium for 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Gotta go with the Gamestop one, pretty damn good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Game are doing a Core console for 299 and you get Fusion Frenzy, Viva Pinata and a memory card free!!

Xtravision are doing some great deals at the moment, I picked up a 360 Premium Bundle yesterday with an extra controller and 5 games for €419 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

hellboy99 wrote:
    Xtravision are doing some great deals at the moment, I picked up a 360 Premium Bundle yesterday with an extra controller and 5 games for €419 :D

Holy crap thats some deal! Why would anyone want a PS3 with 1 game for €665 when for almost €250 cheaper they could get that?

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote:
    Holy crap thats some deal! Why would anyone want a PS3 with 1 game for €665 when for almost €250 cheaper they could get that?
    It's the best deal I've seen to date, glad now I decided to hold off until the release of the PS3 to go get one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

There's a new black 360 with HDMI and a fat harddrive, if you can hold off for a few weeks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

first post!

what games are in that xtravision offer does anyone know?

prob gonna pick up a 360 tonight, been deliberating for the last few weeks

I got : 99 Nights, PGR3, Perfect Dark, Arcade Unplugged, & Call Of Duty 3

The bundle itself consists of the Premium Console, extra controller & 4 games : 99 Nights, PGR3, Perfect Dark & Arcade Unplugged for €410 but for an extra €9 you can go for the Premium Console with a game included, I had the choice of the new FIFA or Call of Duty 3 pack.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There's a new black 360 with HDMI and a fat harddrive, if you can hold off for a few weeks! :)

No one knows when that will be released. It won't be a few weeks anyway. The US will get first dibs. The new 120Gb HDD will be sold seperatly aswell.

I don't know if its worth getting, my HDTV has a HDMI connection and all but I can't see the picture quality improving that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

No one knows when that will be released. It won't be a few weeks anyway. The US will get first dibs. The new 120Gb HDD will be sold seperatly aswell.

I don't know if its worth getting, my HDTV has a HDMI connection and all but I can't see the picture quality improving that much.

Very true on both points.
    The US will get it first I'd expect.
    And unless you need your VGA in for anything else then you get the same through that connection.

The 120gb would be nice but it'll be sold seperately.

So what I would do is wait a few weeks and hope it is released in april then make a saving on the reduction in price of the original premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

cheers Hellboy99, ended up getting it in Game last night. had vouchers from xmas so got it there with GOW and Crackdown. Extremely impressed by GoW so far. i think my Wii will be gathering dust for a bit until a few more decent games come out

Advertisement