Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum length of time for repair?

Options
  • 12-03-2007 11:17am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any maximum length of time I can expect to wait for a repair? I only ask as Pixmania advise me that they have up to eight weeks to repair the charger for my sat nav, which seems a little long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Well my Girlfriends brother had an absolute Nightmare with pixmania,7 months long in total,repairs were promised,not delivered,on one occassion he got a "replacement" camera which was just a charger unit and nothing else in the box,so 1 charger,no camera....
    After months of hassle he *finally* got them to give him credit to the price of the original camera (which was now out of date) so he spent it quick,got his new goods and vows never to utter pixmania ever again....
    You may be in for a wait.......

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks, my sat nav has been in for repair since the 11th of January. And it was only the charger that was faulty! Last week was told i would be receiving a replacement, this week am told was a mistake. Second complaint letter sent off today. I hate them, pity their prices are decent. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

in consumer law it basically says that goods must be repaired within an "acceptable amount of time".

however, no limit is defined as each case must be treated on a seperate basis :)

Hmmm.. It is a bit vague. Thanks though. Just goes to show they were talking through their arse about 8 weeks though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

your welcome, the reason i was vague is because thats literally how vague it is in consumer law :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

A friend of mine at work has been having problems for about 4 months now trying to get pixmania to do a repair. By the sounds of things, they have lost both the device and the money he paid to have it repaired!

Over the past week (after getting his bank to trace the payment), it looks like they are willing to refund him (but they have said nothing about returning the iem or replacing it etc).

I have never had a problem with Pixmania, but after his experience (and hearing of many others) I doubt I'll be ordering anything from them again.

Sorry miju, I meant the law was vague, you were clear!

Update: I've called them every day this week and each day was advised that I'd only have to wait til this friday for a result.

Unsurprisingly nothing has happened and they now advise they have a further 8 days to work on it.

Bear in mind this is only a faulty charger for a sat nav, not even the thing itself.

I'm at the end of my patience now, i've drafted a small claims application form and faxed them a copy. Will send it off to the small claims court tomorrow.

Bearing in mind that they don't have a bricks and mortar store, can I still issue legal proceedings against them?

Advertisement