Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with online gaming using eircom bb

• 12-03-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Hoping that someone can help, recently got eircom bb installed and set up my xbox 360 to work with it.

It all seems fine, and I've been able to game online, but when my mate set up a hosted game last night and invited me to it I wasn't able to get onto the game, and live chat wasn't working either. He's on eircom broadband as well, so I don't know why it isn't working.

If you have eircom bb and you're able to host and play games against other users can you reply and let me know what changes you made to the router (standard silver one from eircom, think it's the netopia 2247) I tried netopias site but no joy there. At the moment all I've changed is firewall to low and enable xbox live gaming, do I need to change anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You have to change your NAT from strict to open too. I couldn't get a game on Call of Duty 3 until I did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Use the search. This has been asked loads of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

GStormcrow wrote:
    Use the search. This has been asked loads of times

search isn't working and hasn't worked for a long time. Thanks for your input though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Actually it does, but that might be for mods and subscribers only, I dunno. Most of the time it doesn't work very well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm a subscriber, but I'm getting no results back from any search I try so I think it's down at the moment. I've looked back through the threads and anything I've seen as advice I've already done i.e.

Firewall: Low
    NAT: XBOX Live Games
    UpNp: unticked (although it works when it's ticked as well)

As I said I can connect to games it's just games that are being hosted by other eircom bb users that I can't connect/ or chat to. Seems odd and is probably something on eircoms end, just thought someone else must have experienced and got around it.

• Advertisement

Can he connect to you when you host a game? Maybe the problem is on his end not yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

go to the System Settings in the dashboard then Network Settings. go to Test Xbox Live Connection. If your NAT returns "strict" or "moderate" this is probably the issue it needs to state "open"

you probably need to forward some ports

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 streetryder

Makaveli wrote:
    Can he connect to you when you host a game? Maybe the problem is on his end not yours.

yea sometimes its the cause of the other end, so oyou never know might not be on your end

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Have a look at this guide. Very helpfull.

http://www.celticsniperclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

This might not be of any use and I know its very stupid but i made this mistake at first......(embarrassed face)

I had the router firewall set to low, the UpNp unticked and I had the NAT set to allow XBox Live...however when i was in the process of enabling the NAT for XBox Live I selected the IP address of my PC instead of the 360s, hence when I tested the connection through the 360 itself it always stated that the NAT was set to "strict"! Selecting the 360 IP address then set to NAT to "Open"

That one stumped me for a few hours I must admit!!! Kept overlooking it! (embarrassed face again)

I am also an eircom broadband customer with a netopia router and these are the only settings I needed to make to enable voice chat and online play.

• Advertisement

I set it up last night on Eircom BB too. I have UPnP ticked though, how does universal plug and play affect your connection?

Man, I'll tell you one thing if you have anything uploading it lags you to death in Pro Ev.

Advertisement