Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Galaxies

Options
  • 12-03-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

yes...nearly 4 years later... still playing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ever since they got rid of holocrons for jedi the game turned to ****, i used to love the game :(

games taken a turn for the better in the last couple of months, new producer, helios...one of the more "pvp is better than all else" is gone and while it still hasnt and probably wont go back to the sandbox style of gaming that it once had... things are looking up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

what server do you play on?

Farstar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hahah Farstar 4tw! Used to play the game quite alot, was addicted, then the cu came... ugh, can't wait for the emu though! Pre-cu 4tw!

emu wont last
    soe will shut it down before it actually launched and then offer them jobs
    its only obvious that'll happen

oh and infinity > farstar

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote:
    emu wont last
    soe will shut it down before it actually launched and then offer them jobs
    its only obvious that'll happen

oh and infinity > farstar

Not shut down yet! I doubt very much that the people doing the emu would actually want to work for sony!

Farstar > All... well, it once was, dunno if there are many still on the server now.

no its not shut down yet...because emu is gettin more notice from gamers than galaxies...id say soe are watching it,looking for things they could use..
    then when they want they'll shut it down
    cause emu are using galaxies files, which isnt allowed.

I dont have much faith in the emu...precu while it had many great things.... was also bugged to hell... where fights consited of the various professions dizzy, kd then head hit....have been following it fairly closely however...

While they may have been the good old days...its been time to move on some time ago...while i hated the initial implementation of the nge... the current form of it is acceptable.

I also doubt there will be an official precu server anytime soon, but wouldnt rule out the possiblity...soe has a tendancy to rehash old things as new products(latest expansion for everquest being an example).

infinity is a ghost town these days...wasnt it always compared to the other 2 euro servers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Farstar ftw

I don't hold out much hope for the emu either. If it's too popular, SOE will litigate it into the ground. I sincerely doubt they'll offer some sort of pre-nge/pre-cu server because of the implications. If it was successful, they'd have to

1. admit to having gotten it very, very wrong and they are much too arrogant for that.
    2. support a popular product, which means branching the game. Which they are not prepared to do I believe. They're already siphoning off developer resources for swg to other projects.

Lemming wrote:
    Farstar ftw

1. admit to having gotten it very, very wrong and they are much too arrogant for that.

they already did....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

they already did....

Did the admit to f*cking up? or "maybe" making some unpopular decisions ... there is a subtle difference.

But having a successful and popular pre-cu server would be a nightmare for SOE because it would be _incredibly_ embarrassing for them as a company. Whilst they have little credibility with the punters, copyright holders or other companies would most definitely think twice about entering into a relationship with SOE if that happened.

well the actual post... took a bit of digging to find this...
    First a request, to those of you using this thread as your personal battleground, please take it to PM's.

So, I wanted to clarify that we did, here at SOE conceive and develop the NGE. We did so with the best of intentions, to try and make a better game. No blame or buck is being passed. =)

We can, and I am sure many of us will, debate for years on end whether this was a good idea. Personally, I believe the concept of the NGE was sound. Some smart guys had some good ideas to make the game better, Jeff being one of them, and they went for it. A bold move and honestly, I am happy to be a part of a company that is not afraid to try something different.

Where did we go wrong? Delivery, we failed in our timing and communication. That is where we let you down most, SWG faithful, and for that I truly apologize.

Brenlo Bixiebopper
    Director, Global Community Relations - SOE
    It's a rough life, but someone has to live it.

the actual post is gone... along with the old forums... had dig it out from my guilds forums

Playing around on the emu severs Jedi ganking like the auld days, good fun! Reminds me just how much better pre-cu was than the **** thats there now.

and thats precisely why most people want the emu....to be jedi without the work that was involved....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

hehe i hated the way SOE just changed after i had mastered over 20 professions in hopes to unlock jedi, i was so close. Then they done that ****in quests in the hidden village on dath thing and i quit soon after that as it would have been easier to master another 20 professions instead of doing them quests/grinding stupid xp, especially when they changed it i had just mastered 2 crafting professions, so i had to regrind 2 combat professions to get me back on track. I eventually snapped and threw the discs in the bin and uninstalled ;D
    </rant>

So this emu is it holocron grinding for jedi? or that village on dath ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

just got the game. any one any hints or tips a=on what to do when i leave the training area.?

rferguson wrote:
    just got the game. any one any hints or tips a=on what to do when i leave the training area.?

best bet is to do the legacy quests, that start from eisley, should get up to about 40 or 50 doing those

yeah legacy is a good choice.
    too bad the space sploit isnt still aorund...couldve used an extra toon

after legacy i suggest goin to musty and grinding tulrus
    or else grauls on dant

• Advertisement

a pre cu server will never be brought in by SOE, neither will CU....well i think so anyway cos the way it is,after so long,EVERYONE will be jedi....wether your a casual gamer or hardcore your gona get jedi,so its gona be like NGE anyway.

nix wrote:
    So this emu is it holocron grinding for jedi? or that village on dath ****?

I think it's Holo's.

Screw Jedi though, Pikes/Swords and Doc, Jedi killer! :D

meh just found out a guild member died of heart failure today :(

Advertisement