Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light bulb ban/tax.

Options
  • 12-03-2007 12:50pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to ask the fellow herp keepers here what they`re going to use to heat their cages with if "Dick" ;) Roche starts to ban incandescent bulbs.

Personally thats all I use to keep all my creatures nice and toasty and if he does ban them Im going to have to come up with an alternative.

So anyone got any ideas.
    It may be a small issue but if there is an outright ban then its going to be a bit inconvinent for us reptile keepers who rely solely on bulbs for heat.
    Knowing the current government they`ll ban every type of bulb that gives out any heat at all and then we`ll have petshops charging us a fortune for "Reptile" bulbs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Radionics does cabinet/enclosure heaters.

They come in different wattage / temperature ratings. Basically a flat bar of Aluminium that get's heated. Stick that behind a "cage" so that the animal can't touch it ...should work. Plus they should last forever, really.

See HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

He can't ban incandescent bulbs, he only thinks he can. If you are in doubt, there are lots of heatpads you can get which may be suitable but your reptiles need a mixture of light and heat so I wouldn't just rely on them.

CFL's/Discharge lighting is not healthy as it is not broad-spectrum and should not be used exclusively for animals or humans.

If 'Dick' knew anything about anything he would ban CRT's, monitors and televisions first, then fridges, then dishwashers, and THEN incandescent bulbs.

Dick Roche (before he dicks you)...

'cptr

Advertisement