Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Installer Reccomendation Tallaght Area

Options
  • 12-03-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

Recently bought an apartment and wondering if anybody could suggest any good Burglar Alarm Installers?

Don't want a Monitored Alarm as such, was thinking bout getting one of those voice/text dialler things..

All suggestions greatly appreciated as I know next to nothing about them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Hi Dats
    I’m a qualified/registered installer and can supply you with a Installation cert for your home insurance if needed. IF you want to pm me a contact number I can run over what kit you might need and give you a quote.

Cubix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Hey Cubix

Do you know anywhere that supplies Texecom gear in Dublin ? I'm looking for a pair of Oddyssey 3 bellboxes - my usual UK dealer doesn't do them anymore

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Alarms and Electrical are good ,I've seen them install systems where you can view the video camera through your mobile phone:) .
    based in firhouse I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

cubix wrote:
    Hi Dats
    I’m a qualified/registered installer and can supply you with a Installation cert for your home insurance if needed. IF you want to pm me a contact number I can run over what kit you might need and give you a quote.

Cubix

Cubix,
    I remember answering a post from you last year about alarms and you basically hadn't got a clue about alarms now and you are now a qualified registered installer.

I think Dats should read some of your previos post to find out the true extent of your knowledge on alarms.

Ok lads sorry for not responding sooner, I seen Jnealon's post early today but wanted to check my facts before I replied.

Firstly Jnealon I am not going to get into a flame war but I think its a bit cheeky to come out with such a broad sweeping statement with out some facts. Another words if you had of ask me what the name of the company that was registered with the PSA government body or what was the PSA Installer license number for the company and I could not give you said details you would have a point but you didn’t. You automatically assumed because I knew nothing about alarms last year I could not possible be a certified PSA installer this year. I’m presuming you are also in the business and if so realise its not rocket science and with the right courses and a little know how its not hard to master it.Id also presume that if you are in the security business you too are registered with PSA and could clarify for everyone here that for PSA to register your company you need to be certified by either ISIA or SSAIB as a qualified alarm/intruder installer which I am

The name of the company is Knight Watch and the installer license number is 00681, all this information can be verified on PSA's web site at
    "http://www.psa.gov.ie/psa/psa.nsf/registervw?Openform"

Anyway Dats if would still like me to give you a quote please pm me with a contact number. IF Jnealon's post has put you off that is a shame but its out of my hands. Who ever you choose to use you should check out PSA's web site as you will know you are getting a certified installer

Cubix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

One of those posts was back in October so in the 5 months that has passed and you are now fully qualified, I don't think so. At best you are an apprentice serving your time

It was only last week that you couldn't answer a simple question from another poster about the default code for a HKC. In that post you said it was your brother that was the trained registered installer/electrician.

I will try and put this to bed once and for all. Jnealon you right when you say it is my brother who is the qualified Electrician/Alarm installer. Cubix is my account on here and my brother (Simon) who does not have an account here has logged on and posted here under my username. While I can see the confusion it has caused its surely not the crime of the year. The easiest way to rectify this is for him to open his own account and this will be done to day.

On his behalf I would appreciate if you could answer these questions

1) For the PSA government body to register your company you needed to be certified by either ISIA or SSAIB training body. Surely if you are certified by either of these training bodies you are qualified and if not Jnealon do you think these bodies need to recheck their standards?.
    We are not talking about sending a rocket to the moon here, at best most residential intruder alarms are a 4/6 core affair without two many scenarios. With his background as a qualified electrician this would have simplified things somewhat would it not.

2) What are your qualifications that allow you to label someone a "At best you are an apprentice serving your time". Are you PSA register and if so I’m sure you wont mind posting your licence number/company name as its will be for public viewing on their website anyhow

Cubix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Is RECI a good standard to have as an alarm installer?

My understanding Brian is that RECI is an electrical standard (http://www.reci.ie/) but does not relate to alarm installers .

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

Doesn't the alarm have to be on its own fused spur?

How do you certify this if you are not a sparks?

Just wondering not a personal attack cubix:D

• Advertisement

Not sure Dahamster, I know when I moved into my place which was prewired and the electrical wise it was sharing a spur with the heating.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ok, just so we are not confused here, cubix is not a qualified installer but his brother is who often posts here using cubix's account, therefore two people are appearing as one which leads to all types of confusion. No offence cubix but 'tis no wonder its a little strange.

And Jnealon if you must question another posters knowledge when replaying, then post a link as its worthless without a reference.

In hind sight Delly have to agree, but this is now been rectified as he will be opening and posting on his own account. Dahamster according to the brother it seems to be a bit of a grey area at the moment. To do it totally by the book I think the official line on it would be that if your only a qualified alarm installer you would have to get a RECI or similar qualified electrician to hook the juice up to the panel. The likely hood of that happening I am sure is zero.

Advertisement