Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oranmore Broadband

Options
  • 12-03-2007 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've just purchased a house in Oranmore (Coill Clocha) - near the old dairy (turn right going out limerick road)

Its a new estate so im wondering if anyone in or around there frenchpark etc has got broadband. Me moving into it depends on the availability of the connection

What are people's experience with this broadband like service from vodafone and so on?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I live in the estate right behind the old dairies - no hassle with broadband. In fact, you probably don't even need a connection - my BT is fine but there are enough open connections around to leech off! My friend picked up five or six on his laptop when he was over a day or two ago..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

Nice one - Do you know where the place im talking about is? In all my smartness ive not actually driven through the village to get to the place..just along the dual carrigeways!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

damalo wrote:
    Nice one - Do you know where the place im talking about is? In all my smartness ive not actually driven through the village to get to the place..just along the dual carrigeways!

And you've just purchased a house there? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

damalo wrote:

Yeah it's right across from the dairies - my house is just behind said place, so it's pretty much a stones throw between your estate and mine. I dunno how full it is right now, but wait until the place starts filling up - if it's anything like mine, free internet for life via wifi!

Excellent - put my mind at ease.

Yeah, it might seem a bit careless but its not that much of a biggy. If anything it would be a longer drive to and from my regular destinations - marginally.

Thanks Havok...now would be a good time to secure your wifi ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Welcome to Oranmore!

Isn't the exchange only down the road, across from the church? Or maybe that's something else :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

As far as I know all the new esatates have a Telecoms Box which the Developer connects your house too. They would be going into the same Exchange as me in Oranmore. Ring Eircom and they will activate your phone line and configure it for broadband there and then. They will post out router to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

damalo wrote:
    secure ... wifi

lol

my bad Syxpak

Advertisement