Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much for a wing mirror?

Options
  • 12-03-2007 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I know essentially I will have to go to a garage - but as from my thread in afterhours - I had an accident there last week where a guy speeding along a narrow road (i pulled in) smashed my wing mirror.

Anyways, looks like ive to foot the damages. When the accident happened, the mirror (electric) was pulled out of the door and the mirror smashed.

The wing-mirror itself is now taped on. I had a look at it at the weekend and the electric bit is still moving.

Would it be possible to buy a mirror (from a garage I guess?) and silicone it on?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

If it's just the glass that's broken, then you should be able to buy it separately from your dealer's parts dept. When it happened to me (Renault Megane), a few years ago it cost £25 for the glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

VW are looking for €73 for the glass for my Golf. Luckily the scum bag that kicked it is paying for it and not me. Try breakers yards for the part I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

About E129.00 for the mirror complete unit or E19.99 for the glass only (heated). That was about a year ago for a Honda Accord. New, from dealer, parts only, self fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, it is only the glass -mirror part - that I am going to get.

The whole wingmirror part is intact (except for it being ripped out and hanging down the door at the time) and is now taped on.

It seems secure enough. As said the electric part is still moving so might get away with just replacing the mirror for now.

I am really missing that mirror (reversing, over taking etc).

Will call to the garage this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

where are you based a local motor factors might be cheaper then the main dealer some dealers wont sell just the glass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Am in the Limerick Area.

Do you know of any place like this in the area?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A guy I know often breaks the mirrors in his van. He now goes to the local glazer and gets him to cut a piece of glass to size, doesn't cost much.

Advertisement