Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did we lose a forum in rec..?

Options
  • 12-03-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

I could have sworn there were 3 in Rec today - gardening/DIY, Woodcraft, and building (or similar).

But I only see the first 2 now........did 1 get moved?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

See here

Construction & Self Building & Architecture & Planning
    Gardening & DIY
    Woodcraft

:)

They appear in the DHTM drop-down menu and elsewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Woodcraft is there for me, try clearing your cache and see if it is any different.

Ruu wrote:
    Woodcraft is there for me, try clearing your cache and see if it is any differenct.
    Beat me to it Ruu :)

What browser are you using? (Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera, etc.)

Have you looked to see that the cookies have actually all been cleared as well as all javascript files etc?

Did you try a cold boot on your machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

galwaytt has been banned for a week from the Construction & Self Building & Architecture & Planning forum and that probably explains why he cant see it listed. Try logging out and you may be able to view it then

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    galwaytt has been banned for a week from the Construction & Self Building & Architecture & Planning forum and that probably explains why he cant see it listed. Try logging out and you may be able to view it then

:D Explains a lot :) Cheers muffler.

/expects feedback thread on being unfairly banned from Construction...forum ;)
    EDIT: Does bring the whole question of PM'ing banned users back into the fray though! Would have saved some trouble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

r3nu4l wrote:
    Does bring the whole question of PM'ing banned users back into the fray though! Would have saved some trouble :)
    Yeah that was discussed at some length recently and included a poll. On this occasion I advised of the ban in the thread and assumed the user concerned would have seen it.

In any event I sent him a PM last night so he should have known about this before posting here this morning but his time was probably taken up with compiling the less than welcoming PM I received :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

[puts on queen latifa costume] oh no he didin't[/puts on queen latifa costume]

galwaytt wrote:
    If banning means you can't see the thread, and the thread is where you're 'advised', then how is a person to know?

If you log out and try to view the forum you should see the comment and be able to view the rest of the thread. I appreciate that not all users know this. Clearing the cache should have logged you out and navigating from there should have let you see the forum again. I guess you logged straight back in again which is what most people would do.

The rest of your comment is not my fight but I'd advise you not to make too much of it. Take the ban on the chin if it's deserved and carry on posting elsewhere. :)

Advertisement