Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network, Small Business Server 2003 Problems

• 12-03-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have 3 computers all running xp home connecting to an Eircom router wirelessly without any problems. I have just installed Small Business Server 2003 on another computer but when I go to connect to the wireless network it keeps saying that I have limited or no connectivity. It is connecting to the router but it is not being assigned an IP. I then set up the IP statically on it and it now says it is connected but I cannot ping the router or any other device on the network. There is no firewall or anything either just a clean install. Can someone please help me as I'm losing the plot here trying to get this working.

Thanks,
    John.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moved to wirelesss....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

"limited or no connectivity" usually means it has got bored of waiting for an IP and used the zero config thing ( go ipconfig at a command prompt and it will go 169. ) . Maybe Small Business Server is handing out DHCP addresses as well ?

Advertisement