Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on frozen snake food.

Options
  • 12-03-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Was just wondering how long it is ok to keep Mice and rats in the freezer before they are of no use. I was just wondering because I want to order them in bulk and need to know how many to get before it is a waste of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

You should be feeding fresh food to your snake, I suggest you start breeding mice for that purpose and sell any surplus to your friends. Mice and rats which are bred to be sold for food are raised in appalling conditions, killed inhumanely and are a poor substitute for your snakes proper diet.

Any food which is deep frozen should be discarded after the recommended star rating on your freezer says it should.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

They last about a year before they go bad but if you can breeding is advisable but it's not always possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

I used to breed my own, but I moved not to long ago and I just don't have the room any more to do so. Do you knoe of anyone in the south east breeding there own, cause I don't like the idea of them suffering while they are alive.
    LovelyTom wrote:
    They last about a year before they go bad but if you can breeding is advisable but it's not always possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Thanks guys, found it usefull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

check with your supplier on where they get they food from i know mcelheron reptiles gets his from a good place they are feed well on a good diet and are gas so they just fall asleep

• Advertisement
Advertisement