Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Click Lock Laminate Flooring Help!

Options
  • 12-03-2007 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

I am about to loose it. The instructions state to install the first row then to install the second connecting the short end of the boards together. Then tilt into the connection on the long side of the previous boards. This worked fine on a previous room now it just keeps sitting up and wont join correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

check the grooves in the boards for 'aliens' little bits of the boards that prevent the boards from locking together. I feel your pain with this stuff, am starting room 3 in the morning.
    Ive used the 'bang together' stuff before and found it easier to work with in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

sometimes you have to flex the board with your hand underneath it near the edge to get it to go in cause the floor aint level. I did the whole house with that stuff about two years ago.

Use the cut off from the last board on the first row to start the second row and so on until you come to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pdeery

i just did a few rooms recently and found that i had to use a piece of timber and hammer. click the short ends together first then line the long end up and push the long ends together but you may find that the long end nearest the short end you just connected may still be slightly out so put a short piece of timber across the joint perpendicular to the short joint and tap it home with the hammer.

this wasn't explained in the instructions but i had to do it on every joint and it came out really well. hope this helps

btw when you tap it home that line will sit down and flatten out.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

???...ye sure ye didnt have the bang together variety of flooring....I cant see the clik flooring taking much of that...

Advertisement