Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SELF employed first time

Options
  • 12-03-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    Im about to start work as a self employed contractor for the next nine months and have not idea about what to do next,will an account sort out everthing or should i be filling out forms forms that are on the revenue sight my self.

Please if you could give me a list of things to do in order that would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 skwah

Hi, sorry i cant help you on that but if you would like me to design a website for you i would be more than happy to for €100. I will include 12 months maintenance free. Hosting will cost you about €50-70 a year on my recommendation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 skwah

Oh i forgot to say im doing this so cheap cos i know how hard it is to get going with limited resources. It will cost upwards from €2000 to get another company to design one but i assure you my design will be as professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Davidot wrote:
    Hi
    Im about to start work as a self employed contractor for the next nine months and have not idea about what to do next,will an account sort out everthing or should i be filling out forms forms that are on the revenue sight my self.

Please if you could give me a list of things to do in order that would be great

Most of the companies you would contract with in Dublin (Job agencies) will provide you guidance on this.
    Usually they redirect you to a accountancy agency that will provide you a managed Ltd company where you will be one of the director.
    In that case they would do everything for you, you won't see any paper, unless you ask.
    Do not go for an umbrella job where you will be the temp employee of the accountancy agency, you will lose so much money.
    As a director you can claim lots of stuffs that you cant when you are an employee.

But really it depends of your situation, ask the job agency for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

skwah wrote:
    Oh i forgot to say im doing this so cheap cos i know how hard it is to get going with limited resources. It will cost upwards from €2000 to get another company to design one but i assure you my design will be as professional.

I'm intertesed in this Skwah. PM me and we can discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Setting up a company for a nine month gig is not a good idea. Compliance costs / issues alone will break your heart. Ring the revenue people and ask their advice. If you're in the building industry you'll need tax clearance to ensure you'll get paid all you're due, otherwise your client should deduct 35% at source (you can claim it back) and you probably need to register for vat. They're usually quite helpful. After that, a book-keeper should be able to look after things for you and shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement