Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digiweb Wireless Cable modem and Cisco secure remote client

• 12-03-2007 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

A colleague has asked me to lookinto this for him.

he has a laptop running secure remote client to connect to the corporate firewall. this we have successfully done using an eircom broadband connection from work.

he has the latest topology download from the Firewall. When he tries a direct ethernet connection to the cable modem at home without the secure remote client he can access the internet with no issues. when he fires up the VPN client to connect to work he gets nothing except for the 404: page cannot be displayed error.

I have 200+ users accessing this service all using eircom but digiweb does not.

I have contacted Digiweb support who assure me they block no ports whatso ever. I find this hard to believe but have to take them at their word as i have never used their service. Has anyone tried to do this before? are there any configuration settings on the cable modem that could be causing this.

It looks very like a port forwarding issue but i cannot be sure.

The cable modem is a thompson thg 520. the laptop has no static ip's configured and the personal firewall is configured to allow trafic from secure remote.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

I have connected to a corporate network using Cisco VPN client over a Digiweb connection through a home router without any problem nuemrous times.

Your cable modem does not block anything (it is not a firewall) nor does Digiweb (they have no need to, as they cap you monthly).

404 not found literally means that your companies web page can not be found (why do you use HTTP??, it looks as if you enter a wrong ip address and/or port inside your Cisco client.

Also, make sure that your Windows firewall allows VPN connections (I am not sure which port, ask your administrator).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This is possibly a DNS issue when connected through CISCO VPN, I had a similar setup connecting through Metro to a Cisco PIX.

It's possible the client / web browser isn't setup correctly, try ping some web ips

eg - ping 64.233.161.104

Thats google.ie

Advertisement