Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve the SEO ?

Options
  • 12-03-2007 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

How to improve the SEO ?

I remember there was a similar thread a few weeks ao but it is gone...

Thanks in advance guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are plenty of threads both here and elsewhere on SEO and improving it.

You would need to be a little more precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

The thread isn't "gone", you just haven't looked hard enough. Look back over the archive...

Google things like:
    'Top 10 Seo Tips'
    'Top 10 SEM tips'

Check what has recently been dugg on SEO

Take a look at a few blogs to gather perspective.
    I blog a bit about seo myself. As does Michele, Gavin and Richard

If you are hosting on apache and using dynamic urls then look at modrewrite() and .htaccess

If the seo is for http://www.fooljam.com/ then you should have permalinks on in wordpress. Also get listed in some free directories and get your content syndicated via RSS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

If the seo is for http://www.fooljam.com/ then you should have permalinks on in wordpress. Also get listed in some free directories and get your content syndicated via RSS.

Yep Fooljam is one of the site.
    I had the RSS until recently then I decided to change the theme to the current one, which looks much better, but my RSS links just disappeared.
    Got some work to do on the code to add the RSS back.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys

Anyway from a traffic point of vue, it seems Wordpress is better because the content is broadcasted to a central repository while many other websites are also screening for the posts, such as Technorati.com

I don't know I will try Joomla again cause I have seen some really nice templates today.

mick.fr wrote:
    Anyway from a traffic point of vue, it seems Wordpress is better because the content is broadcasted to a central repository while many other websites are also screening for the posts, such as Technorati.com

What on earth are you talking about?

• Advertisement

I think he means that Technorati indexes wordpress posts automagically now in a similar way to SE's

I think he means that Technorati indexes wordpress posts automagically now in a similar way to SE's

Em ok

Why didn't he actually say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

blacknight wrote:
    Em ok

Why didn't he actually say that?

HE has a name thanks. You can talk to me directly don't be shy.

And yes everytime you post something on Wordpress it is pinged and sent to a central repository server. Then many other servers/websites/services will index what has been posted and where, reason why you can potentially get lots of traffic without doing anything with Wordpress.

So I was wondering if this was the same process with Joomla.

mick.fr wrote:
    And yes everytime you post something on Wordpress it is pinged and sent to a central repository server.

I think you are confusing matters.

Wordpress DOES NOT use a central server.

Wordpress.com might be doing all sorts of things, but they are two very different things

mick.fr wrote:
    So I was wondering if this was the same process with Joomla.

Joomla probably has something similar via a plugin/mod but WP is far more socially focused than Joomla by default, and via plugins.

Wordpress SEO via their Codex

• Advertisement
Advertisement