Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a SE k610i and unlocking it

• 12-03-2007 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying a SE K610i from 3 for €99 and unlocking it and using it with my meteor sim, would i have much trouble unlocking it and getting mms working with the meteor sim?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Yes you would have to pay three 130euro to unlock it and I think this is the only way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

From three Yes i would say judging on other threads on this board

Buy it from o2, same price with them. No problem normally getting unlock codes from them once you spend the right amount and it includes the free credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Have you considered simply switching to 3 or O2, from Meteor, since Meteor don't seem to have the handsets you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Have you considered simply switching to 3 or O2, from Meteor, since Meteor don't seem to have the handsets you want?
    i wouldn't. i like prefer to have money in my pocket instead of o2's :)

@OP, why no get a k750 on meteor for €149?

a bit more but a very slightly superior phone mostly because of the radio. the joystick can be a drawback though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

you're funny :D

free messages > anything o2 or 3 have to offer

• Advertisement

plonk wrote:
    Yes you would have to pay three 130euro to unlock it and I think this is the only way

I taught phones could be unlocked via dat cable and software?

i wouldn't. i like prefer to have money in my pocket instead of o2's :)

@OP, why no get a k750 on meteor for €149?

a bit more but a very slightly superior phone mostly because of the radio. the joystick can be a drawback though

radio doesn't interest me, and i hate the joystick :o

^ Thats the reason i'm trying to go the 3 route ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Not with 3 phones they have their own firmware and are designed to only work the 3 network

plonk wrote:
    Not with 3 phones they have their own firmware and are designed to only work the 3 network

:mad:

Do they sell unlocked phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

plonk wrote:
    i have a 3uk phone at home that has worked fine with sims from all 4 networks. my friend uses a k610 on meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

http://www.davinciteam.com/

They do unlocking. I had a Three W850i which I got unlocked through there (cost about 50 yoyos) and flashed (about a tenner).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Can confirm that it is possible to unlock a K610i on three. I unlocked my wifes phone using DVT Client. Credit costs 50 euro, but it works. Sent the O2 settings from Sony's website after. Perfect.
    That was until I tried de-branding it 6 weeks later! The firmware was cid49 and should have been cid51 for the latest firmware from WotanServer. Basically, the phone bricked on me. Couldn't do anything with it! My wife was lucky enough to blag a replacement phone on O2 no questions!

Advertisement