Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bay window leaking

Options
  • 12-03-2007 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

We have a problem with water penetration around our bay window.

Over the past few weeks, a damp spot has appeared on the ceiling recess beside the window and last week when we had driving rain against the front of the house (i.e. normal weather conditions for around here :rolleyes: ), water had started to drip and pool inside on the window cill. Paint is now flaking away on the ceiling.

I am getting our builder to take a look but what is the most likely cause - damp penetrating through the blockwork if the DPC / wall ties are not installed properly (difficult to fix) or leak in through the roof slates / felt over the bay window (easy enough to fix I would say)?

Any other suggestions for a possible solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

best guess

shoddy workmanship

you should really be independent surveyor in to look at it prior to your builder trying to bulls*'~# you

Advertisement