Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

displaying values from DB to screen

Options
  • 12-03-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Just a quick question about the way most of you would display values from DB to the screen?

I'm developing a web application, using java and JSP, I’m trying to stick to a MVC design as much a possible hence my question about the display.

The way I’m displaying values to the screen at the min is my view.jsp screen calls my validate.jsp screen which calls a method in a java file. i return the RecordSet to the validate.JSP page where i create Session Variables and assign the values from the RecordSet to the designated variables, i then use the session variables on my View.jsp screen, this seem like a very tedious way of doing it, all though I’m happy enough to do it like this, I’m wondering what other methods people use while sticking to MVC design.

Help is always appreciated. thanks :-)

Advertisement