Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom accepts fourth 3G licence - rte.ie

Options
  • 12-03-2007 6:51pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well Eircom/Meteor now has the fourth 3G license.

I assume they will roll out HSDPA services.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/0312/eircom.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Didnt they do that a few weeks back? or was I imagining things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Nope - but it was a foregone conclusion since eircom clobbered Smart last year in the run-up to the court case about the licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭wiredup

What happened to O2's HSDPA type service? They sent me an email in nov/dec saying it would be running by the end of the year. Not heard a bloody thing since. Tossers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

wiredup wrote:
    What happened to O2's HSDPA type service? They sent me an email in nov/dec saying it would be running by the end of the year. Not heard a bloody thing since. Tossers!

I can assure you that O2 have not dropped the ball on it, it's just taking a little longer than expected to get everything ready. Just hang in there. :)

Advertisement