Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pro cheaters

• 12-03-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

im in the middle of pro and the game is after freezing because of some little ****. if i turn it off does he get the win

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

if your own console is frozen i dont see how he is "cheating"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

if your own console is frozen i dont see how he is "cheating"

I dunno how it works but it's cheating. Some guy tried loads of stuff on me to cheat and win the game, eventually the screen just froze. I thought it was far too convenient. Left the console for 20 minutes, when I came back it said my opponent had quit and I'd won the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i dont want to leave the game frozen but i dont want people like him to get away with this. they are ruining the game.there just sore losers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

mailrewop wrote:
    i dont want to leave the game frozen but i dont want people like him to get away with this. they are ruining the game.there just sore losers
    this problem is always coming up but as far as im concerned ders nutin u can or he can do bout it. its sumtin 2do with konamis servers losing each other.
    i no my pes game has frozen while ive bn playing and it has had nutin 2do with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I still don't get how this is cheating. The server crashed. OP, were you winning the game before it froze? That would explain why it said you won the game.

• Advertisement

its a glitch in the game which people are using to their advantage. If they are losing or if they dont want to play. they simply dont kick off and after a few minutes when they do kick off the game freezes and whoever turns their console off the other person gets the win. thats how they cheat

just wondering how long people held out against cheaters on pro 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Was winning a game 4-0 coming up to half time and the guy was messing around, taking forever with goal kicks, booting it into the stands etc, just generally disinterested in the game. Sent him a couple of messages to cop on, and then he stalls the game. Was late so was ready to go to bed but after about 10 minutes he quit, gave me bad rep and called me a pr!ck. Nice! Getting fed up of it now tho, too many games are against Inter Barca or Brazil. Last couple of games I had I purposly picked teams who arent in the top tier to encourage others to pick an alternative team and a good few of them have done. Been much better games.

i was winning last night 2-0 after seven mins. i was arsenal he was man utd. after the second goal went in he refused to kick off and when he finally did kick off the game froze. i left it for six hours but then i just thought its not worth even though i didnt want him to get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

hanton12 wrote:
    Last couple of games I had I purposly picked teams who arent in the top tier to encourage others to pick an alternative team and a good few of them have done. Been much better games.

I will always pick Ireland unless they pick Inter or Brazil first, in which case I'll pick the exact same team - really pisses them off. Had a great 4-3 extra-time win over a Spanish lad last night (me as Ireland, him as Spain), ended up playing five games against him after that - I won the decided on penalties.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Christ all mighty, how many threads are you planning on starting?

People cheat at PES we get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

How do they cheat? Real 99 Goals cheats or just bringing the ball down to the corner flag etc.
    If the latter, when u do have the ball, just score, they'll have to come out. And they're not cheaters if they does this, they're dicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Kanney wrote:
    How do they cheat? Real 99 Goals cheats or just bringing the ball down to the corner flag etc.
    If the latter, when u do have the ball, just score, they'll have to come out. And they're not cheaters if they does this, they're dicks.

They wait untill you score, and then refuse to kick off.
    They wait for ages, hoping that you'll either quit or stop paying attention, and then they go for it.
    If you quit, then they get the ranked victory.
    A bunch of children really, so I don't let it bother me.
    If you're really bothered by it, just block or report the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

These kind of naming cheater threads for PES6 dont work anyway. What difference do they make? I'm not going to write down the name of every cheater and then check it when I'm about to start a game. And I'm sure it would be unlikely that the cheater would log on here to see his name being branded a cheat. If someone cheats against me I leave bad rep so I dont play him again. Only thing to do really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

People cheat on PES so get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

How does the cheating work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

They lag it out intentionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Played three games today, no cheaters yet. I was having a great game with one lad Barca (me) v Valencia, it was 2-2 and I scored in the 85th minute he then quit the game. I know I get a 3-0 default victory but it annoyed me that he just quit the game.

As for picking teams, I wait to see who they pick first and then pick accordingly. I would normally pick Barca though because I've played with them since the first Pro Ev.

[edit]Everyone picks Inter. How boring is that? I just started doing random select after that, I don't care about my ranking so getting beaten badly doesn't worry me in the slightest. I gave one chap a run for his money with Turkey until I lost interest towards the end. Playing Inter 5 or 6 times in a row is just not fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Guys, Just throwing this out there so dont shoot the messenger. Apparently it was a glitch in the program where by the game goes out of sync during some random games. So what happens is you think you are winning and banging in the goals and so does the other person then when it comes to h/t or a dead ball situation the game "hangs" and your left with 2 people blaming one another.

You will notice that you can score very easily just before it crashes because the other player starts kicking the ball randomly or slide tackling all over the place thats because they are looking at a different time in play. I know their are some laggers but not all of the freezing is down to laggers.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

It could be that the person you where playing has a poor internet connection and the game was lagging that could be why it froze as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Not too bad I guess if you can block them. Or report them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this is old news. the ranked matches are plagued with people freezing the game up which is done a couple of ways I think. by constantly trying to pause the game and also by constant rewinding and forwarding of replays. if someone does it to me I just leave my 360 on, go down and watch the tv and come back when they have quit because they realise I wont quit to let them cheat and get wins.

well thats what I used to do. I just dont play online anymore which is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Kanney wrote:
    Not too bad I guess if you can block them. Or report them.
    Just report them / give bad feedback. You don't have to worry about playing them again.

If enough people do that, they may get the hint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

I thought the recent updates had blocked this out, I haven't come across a cheater in a long time

I thought most people stopped being arsed doing it when they got the 100 wins achievement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have posted before about ****ty eircom modems (which is fact cost me 22 disconnects) I have replaced it and started to make progress on my 192K rank. This is where i started getting disconnects and cheaters because I was beating guys form div2 and taking sh1t loads of points off them. I was able to make it up to 30K in the rankings after 15 games (I did loose 2 and draw1)

Here is the conversation with a guy after i was 2-0 up and cruising he pushes the start button during play slides me outside the box and game sit there

bennycon(me)

ASS_____HOLE____

DMW76(asshole)

wot.u crashed the game u knob call me an asshole again and ill smash ur head in u childish prick.i dont cheat i know wot ur up to.

Bennycon

you pushed the pause button you didnt press the backup button you are an asshole

DMW76

i will report u to microsoft

Bennycon

I have already reported you

DMW76

ok.

and he leaves the game .....

His play was good enough untill he pressed the start button and the icon came up for pause then tried his best with slide tackles to get into the pause menu.

One more thing if by his gamertag he is 30 and not a kid (same age as me what an A$$_Hole)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

I haven't had any cheaters in ages now it must be said.... have had the same probs as Rafalution once or twice but not too much.

Have to say though, despite missing the PS2 controller, the odd cheat, the mediocre "next gen" graphics and shoddy licensing, I'd still marry this game if I knew an inanimate object could feel the same way about me :D

Its all aboot the gameplay

Rafloution wrote:
    Guys, Just throwing this out there so dont shoot the messenger. Apparently it was a glitch in the program where by the game goes out of sync during some random games. So what happens is you think you are winning and banging in the goals and so does the other person then when it comes to h/t or a dead ball situation the game "hangs" and your left with 2 people blaming one another.

You will notice that you can score very easily just before it crashes because the other player starts kicking the ball randomly or slide tackling all over the place thats because they are looking at a different time in play. I know their are some laggers but not all of the freezing is down to laggers.

Hope this helps!

Just reading this now I have sent a pm the guy in question to verify and apologise if this is the case

Rafloution wrote:

Hope this helps!

The lad I was fighting with got back to me and said he was having the exact same issues I was having so at least I can verify that is what the above is true .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ha, looking at the above conversation this is hilarious. two people blaming each other for cheating not realising neither of them are.

its exactly like the Cold War, except without the nuclear weapons.

Advertisement