Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PADI in South America

• 12-03-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey guys,

Not sure if i should post this here or in the Travel forum...anyway, i'm off on my round the world trip in a few months, heading to South America first. I have done a few "Discover Scuba" dives in other locations so i'm dying to do the PADI Open Water course. Hoping to do it in SAmerica so that i'll have it for Oz. Presume it will be cheaper there as well!

Has anyone any experience of diving over there, i.e. where i should do it, would there be any centres that give the PADI certification etc? The countries i will be visiting are Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru.

If anyone has any info or ideas that would be great!

Ta

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

getting the cert..great..go for it...

if getting it done cheapest is your priority don't bother...not trying to rain on your parade but diving is dangerous...don't go with some cowboy outfit just cause they are cheap..

pick someone well recommended, and pay for it. I'd recommend finding a PADI 5 star training center in one of the places you are going, might not be the cheapest but you'll be assured they at least have been in business a while and are a good shop.

try
    www.scubaboard.com

they're more worldwide than here, and have forums for S. America, i'm sure you'll find the info you need there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Pocahontas

thanks!

yeah you're right about doing it properly...don't want to do it somewhere dodgy. i'll check out that site!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

dunno bout south america should be considerably cheaper than here. i dive in the philippines in puerto galera, one of the main places for tec diving in asia. open water courses there are only US$200. cheap and a very good reputation

Advertisement