Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat Spec List

Options
  • 12-03-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Well its time to change my motor and im kinda turning away from my mondeo and lookin at a Passat.

Now i know the way the mondeo spec list goes, LX - Zetex etc and i was wondering does anyone know where i can get a good breakdown of the spec definations for passats, S SE etc

Now im currently lookin at the 2.0 TDi Se model, like this one

Anyone know of a site where i can get the info cos ive searched a few places and i cant find somewhere that give a clear discription of each one.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

tried it, nothin there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

volkswagen.ie is rubbish, hopelessly out of date, like a lot of the manufacturer sites..
    I generally find carzone.ie very good for comparing specs, prices of options, etc. They are usually reasonably accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The SE is a UK spec model which can vary from Irish spec models.

The Irish spec models are as follows:
    Baseline,
    Comfortline,
    Sportline,
    Highline.

I would presume the UK spec SE model would be similar to the Comfortline model here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

SE is almost identical to comfort line model here main diffs being SE has air con where comfort line has climate control and terrible plastic wood dash and SE has Silver finish.SE also has different alloys.

If you import the new passat from UK the speedo is in mph and not kph.There is no kph on the clock at all.This may affect your resale value?

Moanin wrote:
    If you import the new passat from UK the speedo is in mph and not kph.There is no kph on the clock at all.This may affect your resale value?

Yea ill be importing from the UK. Was told by a mate thats a mechanic that its an easy enuff job changin the speedo to KPH if i wanted but im ok with MPH.

I like the SE alloys and i dont like the plasitc wood int. so ill guess ill get it over the comfortline here then

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I heard they're cutting back on the number of spec variants available on the Passat

colm_mcm wrote:
    I heard they're cutting back on the number of spec variants available on the Passat

Your just trying to get me to stick with the mondeo ;)

Nah, a customer told me on saturday. He was initially looking at a Passat 1.9 TDI but went for something better in the end ;)

• Advertisement

im going for the 2.0 tdi cos its been posted on other threads that its a far better engine. Im lookin at an 06 passat at the mo so the spec should be pretty good

The 2.0 is much more refined than the 1.9. it is also has more power which is needed in a car as heavy as the Passat

thats what i thought, my other option is a mondeo ST 2.2TDCI.

We had a 130 TDCI at work, that was quick. Have you considered an Avensis D-4D 150? or is it not cool enough?

i wasnt too impressed with the avensis tbh, i know its a good car, but theres somethin about the passat and mondeo that i like.

Whats was the 130 tdci like for ride and handling

I love the look of the ST TDCI

http://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2005-mondeo_st_tdci/

I think the Passat has a great overall package

http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2006-passat_2.0_tdi/

Mondeo 130 very good handler, and unreal on fuel economy - no matter how hard it's driven!

is that the 2.0 TDCi or the 2.2 ST TDCi.

130bhp is the 2.0 (wait till the new model comes out to buy a used Mondeo though)

the 2.2 is 155. Was looking at them alot, but even thou i love my mondeo i have now, there has been one or two slight probs thats making me look at the passat.

• Advertisement

How about an Accord?

looked at them and was happy enuff, until i whacked my knee of the underside of the steering column gettin out, im tallish :) think it was the handle to adjust the column height the wasnt sittin flush with the column

Also not quite enuff leg room for ppl that have to sit behind me, my bro who is nearly as tall as me can sit behind me comfortablly in the mondeo

A6 do anything for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote:
    Nah, a customer told me on saturday. He was initially looking at a Passat 1.9 TDI but went for something better in the end ;)

An Octavia? :D

I'm surprised it took this long tbh.

colm_mcm wrote:
    A6 do anything for you?

Tried the A6, lovely Car but alas it was lacking in leg room for me drivin, which i though was strange for such a big car.
    Stekelly wrote:

You won the pool at 23hrs approx.

Stekelly wrote:

I think you're confusing "better" with "cheaper" like a lot of Octavia drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

looked at them and was happy enuff, until i whacked my knee of the underside of the steering column gettin out, im tallish :) think it was the handle to adjust the column height the wasnt sittin flush with the column

Also not quite enuff leg room for ppl that have to sit behind me, my bro who is nearly as tall as me can sit behind me comfortablly in the mondeo

Skoda Superb do you?

Altreab wrote:
    Skoda Superb do you?

Not a bad car, but i find them a tad overpriced, I saw one on autotrader for over 15 and a half grand, where i can get the ST 2.2 TDCi mondeo for just over 14 or the passat for 14.5k (prices in sterling as ill prob import it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yea ill be importing from the UK. Was told by a mate thats a mechanic that its an easy enuff job changin the speedo to KPH if i wanted but im ok with MPH.

I like the SE alloys and i dont like the plasitc wood int. so ill guess ill get it over the comfortline here then

I heard the opposite, that it was very expensive and alot of hassel to convert the speedo to kph. I think there was a thread on here ages ago on the very same subject.

Advertisement