Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegetarian Stout?

• 12-03-2007 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here knows of any stout that is vegetarian?

would dearly like a pint of stout but can't find one that's vegetarian...

k.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

According to the vegetarian society's website, O'Hara's Carlow Stout is veggie and you can get it in quite a few off licences, but my sister asked them and they said they do use isinglass, so it's unclear. Might be worth giving them a call...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thanks for that NB.

Have just been researching it and have discovered this

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geraint.bevan/Vegetarian_beers.html

this guys's done a lot of work on this by the looks of it (note the confirmation emails on the right). however, it is of course not 100%.

k.

Yeah I found that a while back. I tried pestering Guinness a while back, maybe I should try again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

to change their brewing process?

if enough people did it they might consider it.

that said, vegsoc presented them a "challenge" in 2002 to change from using isinglass and even offered them advice on what else to use so don't think we'd be lucky in pestering them this time!

have found another one though: Samuel Adams Cream Stout.

Wonder if it can be got in off-licenses here???

Yeah there are a few English stouts that are veggie. There's one called Sam Smiths too but none that you can get in Ireland. Not that I know of.

There used to be one. I think they were called the dublin brewing company. Shut down now though.

But yeah I think I'll fire off another letter to Guinness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

you know, i'm sure everyone on this forum would back you up in a letter to guinness. not that we'd have much of an impact.

I started a thread back getting people to get onto them. maybe we should start again. Veggie power!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yes yes!!!

Advertisement