Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No domestic hot water ...

Options
  • 12-03-2007 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    We've just had the heating installed in our selfbuild ... The plumber fitted a 3 channel programmer under the boiler in kitcken ...

Channel 1 = UFH downstairs
    Channel 2 = Rads upstairs
    Channel 3 = Domestic hot water

Problem is there is no hot water from any tap, just cold from all ...
    I had all 3 channels on full yesterday and just cold water from taps last night ... Heating working fine ...
    Before I try to get hold of the plumber, is there something I might be able to try myself ? ... Should all manual valves around water tank in hotpress be fully open ?

Cheers for any help ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Salem wrote:
    Hi guys,
    We've just had the heating installed in our selfbuild ... The plumber fitted a 3 channel programmer under the boiler in kitcken ...

Channel 1 = UFH downstairs
    Channel 2 = Rads upstairs
    Channel 3 = Domestic hot water

Problem is there is no hot water from any tap, just cold from all ...
    I had all 3 channels on full yesterday and just cold water from taps last night ... Heating working fine ...
    Before I try to get hold of the plumber, is there something I might be able to try myself ? ... Should all manual valves around water tank in hotpress be fully open ?

Cheers for any help ...
    It would seem that there is either a valve closed off to the coil in the hot water cylinder, or there is an airlock in the coil. Whatever channel 3 controls, may not be opening. Find the valve controled by channel 3, and see if it can be opened manually. If that works, then get the plumber to sort it.

Advertisement