Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW worth getting?

Options
  • 12-03-2007 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Well ive been thinking of getting wow for ages now since I saw someone playing it. But would it be worth the money and would it work aswell on a laptop since I know laptops aren't the best for games. But would it be worth the money your paying every month? Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

It's worth it alright... it should be ok on a lap top... graphics ain't the best.... really good game! Start on Darksorrow if you do decide to play and I'll get you through the first few levels :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

get the trial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Sharkbte

weres the trial. is it on the internet or in gameshops?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

gamestop sell it , xtravision sell it
    gamestop is 1.99,no wrapping
    xtravision is 2 euro, with wrapping
    i think you can download it from the site for free ,although im not sure

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i think i have a free trial if ya want, might be able to help ya with the obtaining of game also....

on a side note is it ok to direct someone to a location where the game could be gotten...since is for purpose of free trial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

You can actually download all you need from the official website, and get your free 10-day trial code.

Have a look here

Its VERY addictive : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fandyfan

u will lose your life when u play wow...i used to play it then i stopped cos i was wasting too much time on it...just dont let it get u too hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I need my fix man, pew pew pew...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

krazy_8s wrote:
    I need my fix man, pew pew pew...
    OMG Lazorz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you're sad and can't control yourself, then yeah sure I can see how it would suck up your life/time. If you're a normal person and know when to quit, it wouldn't, everything in moderation.

I recommend WoW, and moreso if you have friends that play, nothing beats playing it with people you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Sharkbte

Well my cousin has it and thats all I know off. But anyway thanks :) Ill get my dad to look at it later for the trial since I saw Phone Number there, he wouldnt be happy
    EDIT: Lol downloading it now. Pretty ghey the fact its going to take around 3 hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

The Roach wrote:
    You can actually download all you need from the official website, and get your free 10-day trial code.

Have a look here

That link doesn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Sharkbte wrote:
    Well ive been thinking of getting wow for ages now since I saw someone playing it. But would it be worth the money and would it work aswell on a laptop since I know laptops aren't the best for games. But would it be worth the money your paying every month? Any help would be appreciated
    My two cents:

This is the greatest game I have ever played in my entire left, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

My two cents:
    It starts off fun but soon becomes a very dull time sink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

agree with tuxy, at first it becomes something you can do to pass the time, then the grind comes, on at CERTAIN times, run instances to get dkp, spend dkp on UBBER IMBA items, they get outdated new instances come, spend months running new ones to get more dkp to get more UBBER IMBA items and REPEAT :D

not to mention the pvp is HORRID :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Deaddude wrote:
    ...This is the greatest game I have ever played in my entire left, ever...

Actually deaddude, you left out; in the entire history of the world, since time began

and for my two cents;

If you do not think this is the greatest game ever, I will fight you! That's no lie.

Actually deaddude, you left out; in the entire history of the world, since time began

and for my two cents;

If you do not think this is the greatest game ever, I will fight you! That's no lie.
    I conquer with that statement (SP?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What do you conquer , the World of Warcraft!? :)

I meant agree but couldn't get the spelling xD

Sounds like conquer :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Deaddude wrote:
    I meant agree but couldn't get the spelling xD

Sounds like conquer :P

'concur' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tuxy wrote:
    My two cents:
    It starts off fun but soon becomes a very dull time sink
    QFT
    just make sure you take a monthly subscription in case you decide to stop playing it. (and remember to actually cancel the sub when you stop playing:o)

OctavarIan wrote:
    'concur' :)
    BINGO!! :D

(Sorry for off-topic)

Advertisement