Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Bank ME747AK NAS device

Options
  • 12-03-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Any of you guys out there purchased on of the above devices from Maplins. They have them on special offer at the moment.
    I'm having problems installing the software when it asks for a NDAS Device ID. (supplied inside the device). Once entered into the on screen dialogue box it tells me it is not valid and needs to be 20 characters long which of course it is!!!!!!!
    Anyone throw any light or suggestions ????

Spitfire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Is the Id in small letters or all caps?
    Are there numbers and letters in it, if so capital letter O and number zero 0, small L i and capital i I and number one 1 might be mixed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spitfire

ST
    Thanks for the advise but now that I check it the manual states that all letters that are O are to be entereed as zeros and there are no i's or l's in the 20 digit code. I did try both caps and lower case as entries for the code but that didnt help either.
    Still baffled !!!!!!
    Spitfire ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

have you a link to the manufacturers website or make/model?

You used to be able to ask Maplin staff questions on the website. Not sure how though, or it it can still be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spitfire

ST,
    I got on to the Manufacturer's site (in Taiwan) http://www.welland.com.tw and also left a mail to there support people but the silence is deafening.
    Tried the Maplins site but code not find a way to ask them any questions. Next stop is to bring the machine back to Maplins and ask them about any set-up problems they have encountered.

Regards,
    Spitfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paul28

try the key in lower case. This worked fine for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement