Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop group entered into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame!?

• 12-03-2007 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

http://spinner.aol.com/rockhall

Scroll down to the "Class of 2007" bit.
    Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

The first hip-hop act to enter the Hall, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five weren't always so revered. "Early on, I was ridiculed," says Flash. "People would ask, 'Why is he repeating that part over and over again?'

Uh-huh... :confused:

Is anyone else puzzled why a Hip-Hop group has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Who cares about the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame anyway? It's not like it has any special meaning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

the day they induct Rush I might pay some attention, until then who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Probably because they were pioneers in their day and a lot of their stuff its relatively heavy and uses guitars and 'rock' samples. Rock, hip-hop, who the **** cares? its all music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Sex Pistols had the right idea when they told the RRHOF to take a flying leap.

The RRHOF recently released the 'definitive 200 albums of all time'. It was filled with soundtracks, adult contemporary, hip hop/rap

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Definitive Top 200 Albums of all time.

Somewhere, even Satan is crying at what Rock has become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

200 albums and no mention of VU & Nico? That's like a definitive records list without VU & Nico! THE LIST IS BROKEN! THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME IS A SHAME! ALERT THE MASSES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

haha. shania twain is on that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

as was:

linkin park
    phil collins
    enya
    coldplay
    avril lavigne
    madonna
    janet jackson
    celine dion
    Barbara Streisland
    etc............

i've now given up on humanity
    they might as well have included milli vanilli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Phil collins has got serious rock cred, he played with zep at live aid. only other drummer i know of to play stairway after zep. And he played on robert plants first solo album. But come on the Dixie Chicks pah,
    RUN DMC should be inducted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

ec18 wrote:
    Phil collins has got serious rock cred, he played with zep at live aid.
    Collins is the reason Zep are not on the Live Aid DVD cause he made them sound like sh*te according to Page & Plant and me too (Pages smack addiction may have had something to do with it too but thats very rock & roll unlike Collins who is not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

JIZZLORD wrote:
    as was:

linkin park
    phil collins
    enya
    coldplay
    avril lavigne
    madonna
    janet jackson
    celine dion
    Barbara Streisland
    etc............

i've now given up on humanity
    they might as well have included milli vanilli

I cant believe everybody fell for that!!! Somebody has obviously hacked into that site and put in the dixie chicks et al with zep, the beatles. Haven't they? That's what happened isn't it. ISN'T IT (rolls into foetal position and rocks himself to sleep...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Paligulus wrote:
    I cant believe everybody fell for that!!! Somebody has obviously hacked into that site and put in the dixie chicks et al with zep, the beatles. Haven't they? That's what happened isn't it. ISN'T IT (rolls into foetal position and rocks himself to sleep...)

I doubt it's a joke. it's the rock and roll hall of fame and rock has touched many genres, it's not the hungarian folk hall of fame :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

That was the funniest thiong i've read in a long time:D :D :eek: :D:D
    Rock and Roll eh? sure ain't what it used to be,LMFAO
    Rock n Roll hall of fame is the biggest joke of them all, it has no relevance any more.

Advertisement