Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork V Pat's - Setanta Cup.

• 12-03-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

1-3 :(

Fair play to Pat's, they were simply the better team. Cork on the other looked slow and lethargic, they're playing nothing like the Rico side of last season. The only bright sparks tonight were O'Flynn and Kearney. I can't help but feel that Bennett is a huge loss to us, Fenn too to a lesser extent. Given that we've lost the guts of half a team in two seasons, I guess a decline in performance is to be expected. Can't say I'm happy about it though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Kirby's goal was magic.

But City were indeed dire.

Can't say I'm unhappy about it though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Top class goal by Kirby. Ndo should have shot after that fabulous lay off by O'Neill. 3 fantastic signings by Pats. Anyone else taking advantage of the early odds on Pats so far? I'd still expect decent odds on them beating Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

eirebhoy wrote:
    Top class goal by Kirby. Ndo should have shot after that fabulous lay off by O'Neill. 3 fantastic signings by Pats. Anyone else taking advantage of the early odds on Pats so far? I'd still expect decent odds on them beating Waterford.
    Have to say I agree, those lads will change the team this season.

Cork City still have Healy and Farrelly to come through though. O' Flynn to has to come to fitness. If they don't perform though, it'll be mid-table obscurity for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

City still have too much quality to be a mid table side, they may struggle in the Setanta Cup but I still think they'll be top 3 in the league by the end of the season.

O'Neill and Ndo were always going to be great signings for Pats' and Kirby is looking great.... that goal he scored WOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

City still have too much quality to be a mid table side,
    Have they? JOF and Kearney are their star players now. Bringing Ryan in from UCDD is hardly the mark of a quality side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Setanta cup is a bit easy tbh :D

We were deadly tonight , Cork resorted to hoofing it and the back 3 just lapped it up. From the start the 352 worked tru the middle but kearney was getting down the wing but his crossing was awful. Frost looked unsure whether to go forward or not so we were a bit unbalanced but Kirby Ndo Fahey were brilliant O Neill is fitting in very well and runs his balls off to allow the others to come onto the ball.

Thought when the handball wasnt given and Cork scored they woudl equalise but we shoulda have scored 2 more after that. Cork were very poor they really need some passers.

LOL of the night Man of the match John o Flynn :D

13/2 1st half 2nd half €50 :D

new roads are class 2 hours 50 down, 2 hours 30 back a lot better than than last time, and when that stand i finished Cork will have the best ground in the EL its superb.

Top of the group and Dungannon home and away have us at 20-1 12-1 and 9-1 to win outright, we now 11/4.

Patselona !!!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

KdjaCL wrote:
    LOL of the night Man of the match John o Flynn :D
    kdjac
    I'm 90% certain that Kirby was voted Man of the Match, was I imagining his acceptance interview on Setanta Sports?

I'm 90% certain that Kirby was voted Man of the Match, was I imagining his acceptance interview on Setanta Sports?

Announced in the ground Beamish Man of the Match was John O Flynn :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Just watching on TV I was impressed with City. Ryan the new left back looks very good and John O'Flynn does what he does best, and with a bit more legs in midfield I expect us to be challenging for the league.

Pats took their chances.

Have to get Setanta, want to see the 2nd goal again.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement