Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonky Nip Piercing

• 12-03-2007 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I have my nipple pierced a while now.... And in the last few weeks, the left side has become a big enough hole. The ball of the piercing is always half in it, and now it's infected. I still use the soap I was provided with, and the spray for the infection. Has this ever happened to anyone else? (not the infection. The ball going into the nipple)

Should I just take it out? I really love it though and don't wanna not have it!!!

:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

This hapenned with one of mine too after I repierced it over scar tissue. The tissue rejected it and as a result the barbell began to migrate to the left, which caused the other end to become embedded in my nipple, just as you have described. First piece of advise: don't use the spray you were given, and certainly don't use any "soap" to clean the piercing. What you need to be using is a saline solution (you can find info on how to make this if you use the forum search tool).

The next thing you need to do is to return to your piercer. Either your body is just rejecting the piercing, or the barbell is simply too short for the piercing and is not giving it enough space to heal. If your piercer is in any way decent they will be able to judge this. If they think it's safe for you to keep the piercing in, I might be enough to just switch the barbell for a slightly longer one or to a ring to give it a chance to heal without being able to travel anywhere. Note that this will hurt like a bitch if the piercing isn't fully healed, and to be honest I don't even know if a piercer will agree to doing it. You best bet really is to get it looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Hey, thanks a mill for the advice!!! I'll go back to him tomorrow...

Thanks again! :D

No problem, I know how irritating it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

he had a 12 bar in.... now it's an 18!Ive to go back in about a month to get a 16... He said was disgraceful I got that in the first place! Anyways, thanks again! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 *lil fairy*

hey, the same thing happened me nd mine was so bad i had to get a 22mm in! i av 2go bac..i shud of went bac like 2wks ago its jst i dnt live near a parlour! i av to get a ring nxt for it to heal properly! was so bad tho she dnt no if it will heal completely! i love it tho! so im determined!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The Queen wrote:
    he had a 12 bar in.... now it's an 18!Ive to go back in about a month to get a 16... He said was disgraceful I got that in the first place! Anyways, thanks again! ;)
    At least it was something simple :) Had a feeling that would be the problem, it's not uncommon.
    I think a lot of the time the problem occurs because when you actually go to get the piercing the nipple will generally be very erect either due to nervousness or the fact that it's being tweaked (sorry to get graphic here...), or just because it's damn cold, so the piercer will use a barbell that fits it at this size. However when you get home and you're all relaxed again your nipple is suddenly a completely different size, and so the bar will begin to embed as happened to you. So in other words don't necessarily just put your original piercer down as having done a bad job, it may have been the case at the time that the size they used was completely appropriate. And because not everybody's nipples display this crazy morphing behaviour it's very difficult for a piercer to judge!

Advertisement