Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Theatres

Options
  • 12-03-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm a member of CWYT(County Wexford Youth Theatre), for the last year, love it to bits and I'v learned so much.
    Wondering if anyone else here is in one or am I the only young un in here....
    LOL
    LMP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was in a youth theatre for two years and loved it to bits, but I was too busy this year and the times changed so they didn't suit, but I'll probably go back next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I'm an ex member of the Sligo YT, had a great time when I was a member. I am still involved peripherally as I run a circus skills workshop as a wing of the YT.

I got back involved with them acting wise recently, they were looking for some older actors for the Crucible. It was brilliant, but it made me miss the fun I used to have back in the day.

I'd recommend joining a YT to anyone with any interest in drama, especially the Sligo group, the quality of the workshops and the talent of the members is amazing. Worth a lot more then any amount of Speech & Drama classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Whim

Yeah I've been in Waterford Youth Arts for four years now. Can't recommend it enough. Hopefully I'll be going on to study drama in trinity or ucc, depends where'll have me.

Great thing for a youth to get involved in. Like you said, you learn so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I plan to go on to UCC Drama and Theatre studies....when TY and the next two years finally end...

Our show is at the end of this month...scarily looming...

Advertisement