Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Committee and Setting Up a Bank Account

Options
  • 13-03-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Feel free to move if not relevant.

I am looking to set up a local commitee to oversea some tourism and to help organize a few events.

I presume I need accounts etc but does the committee have to be registered anywhere and what documents do I need so I can set up a bank account in its name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I am looking to set up a local commitee to oversea some tourism and to help organize a few events.< need to cover off PL insurance>

I presume I need accounts etc but does the committee have to be registered anywhere, <No>
    and what documents do I need so I can set up a bank account in its name.

< Ask the bank for the paperwork, they have all the forms; you just need a bit of paper setting out the main purposes of the committee and a resolution authorising the opening of the bank account and who will sign the cheques>

One thing to watch is if the **it hits the fan over some issue, you may be sued individually

Advertisement