Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby in UCD?

Options
  • 13-03-2007 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, Ive been looking around and I can only find info about the tagrugby.ie crowd. Did there not used to be a UCD tag rugby setup? I cant find a link anywhere.

Any idea? Anyone fancy forming a team for the tagrugby.ie summer tag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Would it be ultra competitive or more fun based? I would love to but I havent played rugby in yonks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, I dunno if its still on, but i heard its more social, great way to meet brids too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'd say you've just endeared yourself to many of these "birds"! :)
    I remember seeing tag teams training out on the pitches fairly regularly over the Summer last year. Maybe a notice up in the sports centre would do the trick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well the local tag rugby comp is in herbert park afaik.
    I played in Limerick last year and it was the best fun ever. The socail aspect was great craic altogther.

Id be well up for forming a boards/UCD team!

The volvic spring league starts 25th of march. Think we could get our act together in time?

• Advertisement

Ahh sure why not? I think we wud need 3 birds of the non-avian variety for it? Panda counts as one, spread the word boardsies!

I'll start downloading the rocky soundtrack for the training then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I'd be up for that if ye're looking for players for Tag.

Another thing ye might be interested in is 'Ultimate Frisbee Summer League', it's on in Herbert Park too and really is great craic. It's very similar in atitude to the tag rugby. I did it frisbee year and it was deadly fun.

Ye'll find more about it here http://www.gogetforum.com/irishultimate/ when it starts to get up and running.

Last years page is this http://www.geocities.com/dublinsummerleague/ but it's a bit out of date right now.

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Ahh sure why not? I think we wud need 3 birds of the non-avian variety for it? Panda counts as one, spread the word boardsies!

Just so your under no false illusions I truly suck at tag rugby.Its more off the pitch where I excel :P Frisbee sounds great craic too!

It's the participation that counts. I suck at pool, but that doesnt stop me from spending more time in the trap than i do in lectures!

• Advertisement

Frisbee is class, we used to come back to belfield after exams last year and play some tag or frisbee.

Note: This would be purely social and "for the laugh". Hardcore sportsaholics and control freaks who demand 6 a.m. training in the rain need not apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I'd love to play a bit of tag if it happened. I didn't play last summer and really missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Best sport ever.

Are you putting yourself forward as a player sangre?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

That website tagrugby.ie seems to be in its fledgling stages as there aren't any teams registered as of yet..

I would be up for it however it would depend on the training times.

Chakar wrote:
    That website tagrugby.ie seems to be in its fledgling stages as there aren't any teams registered as of yet..

I would be up for it however it would depend on the training times.

Training?I was hoping this would be a more turn up and play sort of Job!My bro can be our trainer if ye's want (he's on the leinster squad :p )
    We'll have to think of a name for ourselves......

panda100 wrote:
    Training?I was hoping this would be a more turn up and play sort of Job!My bro can be our trainer if ye's want (he's on the leinster squad :p )
    We'll have to think of a name for ourselves......

Yeah that would be good we could organise a few games.I would be up for it anyway.

Cool, I presume when you mention training you are talking about a friendly romp on the pitch followed by a session in the forum bar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'd be up for it. Although I must confess my knowledge of Tag Rugby is less than perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

The IRFU are running one this year, www.irfu.ie/tag as far as I know there are places still avaiable but you'll have to come up against the dream team ive set up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I can fill one of the girly slots.... no more jokes about me being a boy mmmmkay?

Apparently the UCD softball club is organising a open evening for players to join the summer softball clubs.I'll see if I can get the details of the clubs in Dublin.

Ok, so I'm guessing this is a semi-confirmed list:

Myself
    randomchild
    panda100 (girl)
    johnnyflav
    funky
    chakar
    funky penguin
    dajaffa (girl)

I'm assuming of course that funky and funky penguin aren't the same person. Now, I suck at organising, so would someone who enjoys the roll of drill sergeant please step forward and take the reigns.

Also, we will need a team name, something "boardsie" and along the lines of average joe's should do nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I would be a maybe...But I am interested - just depends on training (if there is) times and match days...Will be keeping an eye.

That is if there is still a guy slot open too. Love rugby and tag rugby so would really like to do it!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Would also like to put myself forward for a place if there is one left. Decided to take up sports again and this seems like good fun (also deciding whether to take up rugby(proper) or hockey again, i'll see which would better cater for my ****tys skill levels these days ;) )

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Would also like to put myself forward for a place if there is one left. Decided to take up sports again and this seems like good fun (also deciding whether to take up rugby(proper) or hockey again, i'll see which would better cater for my ****tys skill levels these days ;) )

Well on the hockey front there's summer hockey run by MuckrossHC held in alex school every tuesday, it's very mixed n casual n the likes, n u can so do the 2, I plan to!

ok was cycling through Herbert park yesterday and saw two teams playing tag. Has the season started already?

After sussing out the competition I reckon we can take 'em no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well on the hockey front there's summer hockey run by MuckrossHC held in alex school every tuesday, it's very mixed n casual n the likes, n u can so do the 2, I plan to!
    Sounds good, cheers.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Sounds good, cheers.

I'll drop you a pm when it starts, it'll be around the time the exams end :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm watching a team practice right now, hot but total shoite.

Advertisement