Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby in UCD?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ok, so anyone up for a meet and greet? Maybe friday evening? Also, anyone wanna volunteer to take care of the nitty gritty, i couldnt organise a piss-up in a brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

There is indeed some sort of Tag Rugby tournament played over the summer in UCD. My friend was talking to me about getting a team together today, unfortunately he said there were only positions left for the A tournament, that is the most competitive (A being the competitive tournament, B for those who are a bit competitive but mostly for the laugh, and C for those who have never held a rugby ball before).

If I can get my knee fixed up in time, I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The B team would be good for me. I'm well up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

DirkVoodoo wrote:

Also, we will need a team name, something "boardsie" and along the lines of average joe's should do nicely!

'Boardering on Billiant.......'
    'Tottenham Hotgirls.....'
    Ehh cant think of any others.
    Do u wanna all meet up on Thursday NEXT for a meet and greet?on the pitch or in the pub?

thursday? thats today...i have no gear, except a ball which i keep in my office. Sure we can meet up, if everyone on the list can agree to before 5 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Let me know if you need extra players!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Cant come working till 11 tonight, plus the ****ty weather/ How about a pub session tomorrow?

Ok, this is gettin messy.

I like the idea of tmw, dunno bout pub for me, suppose i cud order an OJ :(.

I need a conch or something to get everyone online at once.

"News team - Assemble!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would only be able to meet up for a little while today if still on. Unavailable tomorrow though! Anyone know what the schedule could be like for matches - days & times or a rough idea...

Also, I like the B league suggestion...

🤪

I wasn't planning on doing the tag rugby until after the exams. Let us know any other information from your friend mloc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

i assume thursday was next thursday and not today :p

Is there a site for more info? i mean size of pitch, general rules etc?
    I got a rugby ball or 2 lying around here from back in the day and i could prob steal one from me bro if needed.

OT: Pm would be mucho appreciated closer to the time dajaffa :)

edit: opened my eyes and re-read thread for site :p

Ok, preliminary meet and greet, see if we can sort out a league to join, etc.

Friday March 30th.

3pm in either the student bar or the forum bar, I don't really mind.

Should only take around 15 mins, I know ppl are busy and have exams.

reply with a yay or nay and preferred venue, whichever one has the most votes wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

My schedule's wide open, but I must insist on the forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I personally won't be around UCD till monday 2nd. If you guys have the meeting tomorrow, fill me in, okay? :)

Meanwhile, I shall read up on the rules for tag rugby.... ^_^

Lads I had a quick look at the net + if we r willing to do Thurs nights of the summer league in Terenure (Bushy Park) we can be in a beginners league. If we want to be in Blackrock or Sandymount it'd have to be grade A!!

EDIT Or Wednesday's B2 grade, Terenure RFC

EDIT Or Wed/Thurs B grade in Wesley, Ballinteer

ANOTHER EDIT Also we all have to buy these shorts... http://www.tagrugby.com/products.html?view=featured

That sounds good to me. I live near Terenure anyway. Thursday nights are good also there's good craic in the pubs nearby.

Where in Terenure is it?

And I probably won't come along on the Friday, fill me in alright.

Good job Dajaffa, that sounds great.

See u guys tmw then.

not 100% sure if i can make it but will try. Depends on what time i get grinds at.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Hmm terenure is really hard for me to get to, but i'll come along to the meeting tomorrow, see what the craic is!

Those shorts are cheap enough. I'll also see whats the deal with the softball too.

• Advertisement

Won't be able to make meet 'n' greet but I like the sounds of it... Keep me posted please!!!

🤪

Lads who can actually make it today? Wold Monday suit ppl better cause we'll be back in college etc?

I can make it. Monday would suit just as fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I mean next week people for the meet and greet. Next Thursday?Forum bar?6?

Ahhh, next thursday.

On the topic of team names, how about "stand ToLose" or "the rugger-buggers" :D ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I likes Stand ToLose.

Lets say next thursday, it gives a good bit of notice.

Next Thurs works for me...Cá bhfuil an Forum Bar...

Perhaps I should say I am not in UCD - Just a Boards member...Is this OK? I also like 'Stand ToLose' (if it matters anymore :p)

🤪

next thurs it is. I don't think it matters if u are in UCD or not seeing as it is not a UCD league.

soooo this meeting still going ahead tomorrow? If so where and when :)

• Advertisement

Well, I met Panda100 the other day while she was putting up posters (howdie!), she said 6pm in the forum bar. Sounds good to me. Ill see ya all there.

Advertisement