Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby in UCD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

right 6, the new japanese time slot isnt finished till 7 but i guess i can ditch some of it to meet up. Sports take precedance after all ;)

Forum bar is by the student centre right and NOT by Quinn. I know i ask this everytime :p

OT: nice posters Panda :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Bad news - Won't be able to make it tonight...But will people PLEASE keep me posted... Really want to do this.

So here is my 'meet n greet' session.

Male, 20. Currently in college in Limerick but on work placement in AIB Dublin. Will be available after 6, Tuesday - Friday and weekends...Love playing rugby (am from Limerick after all :p)

Would love for this to get organised and set up...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm not coming along because I'm going to a table quiz tonight. Anyway I can get the story from other boardsies about in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Sabre0001 wrote:

Male, 20. Currently in college in Limerick but on work placement in AIB Dublin. Will be available after 6, Tuesday - Friday and weekends...Love playing rugby (am from Limerick after all :p)

Would love for this to get organised and set up...

Two Limerick people on the team...cool!
    The final meds have their last day of college today so im heading to the wine reception in the mater at 6!Doh totally coincides with this but Il be around all of next week and will pm everyone when I hear more bout 'toolose' !

so i'm guessing this is happening then today? :p

Alrighty, early home time so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Which bar is this in on? If their is a vote I say forum. Too sunny to spend it in a vinegary smelling hell hole (aka student bar). Oh and how will we know who we are?

Which bar is this in on? If their is a vote I say forum. Too sunny to spend it in a vinegary smelling hell hole (aka student bar). Oh and how will we know who is their for the meeting?

if it's still happening today it was indeed meant to be in the forum bar

Is it still on? Ill trek down to the bar, seeing as I am in ucd anyway.Ill be wearing a red t-shirt with mohawk written on it. I'll wait outside and if no one is their by the time im finished my pint, i'll presume the meating is off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well I wasn't there cause I'm in Bundoran at USI, came up yesterday n was all very last minute.... have got so little net time, miss u all!

• Advertisement

Well we can arrange it for some night next week and maybe arrange an on campus beers for 30mins later so even if meeting falls through some ppl will still be around for beerage or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

Pissup... Brewery :p

:(

Howabout if we organise it during the day, so the only thing intruding on the meeting would be lectures/tutorials etc., which can be worked around/skipped in advanced?

with so many lectures/tutorials on it will be hard to get a good time..that said we aint doing so well atm for a meetup :p

I'm available anytime from 6 (little earlier even) - as said, I'm on work placement so would have to skip day time meet ups I'm afraid...

🤪

Hey guys and girls...

Any more word on this? When do we have to have a team registered and paid by and all and then when does it start? Have you got a website for info (prizes, details, etc...)

Any more attempts on a meet up being organised?

Thanks,
    Mark.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

There's a meeting on 17th April at 6.30 in C214 in the Arts Block, for the summer softball clubs to recruit members for the summer. It should be good for keeping active during the summer. Softball is great fun, I'd recommend it to anyone. Although there is a membership fee to be a member of the club for the summer.

Hope to see a few boardsies coming along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Hey folks, haven't been checking this thread for a while, any news/progress on the boardsies team?

How does next wednesday at lunch time suit people (i know a few can't make it who aint in ucd) or wednesday at 6 or something?

• Advertisement

Wednesday at 6 would suit me...Gonna look quite out of place in shirt and tie though :o

🤪

you could be one of them lecturers who likes looking good for his students.

Oww wait, they dont exist.

Greetings team,
    Are we still on for a meeting session this week?

🤪

People seem to be very busy preparing for exams or have lost interest. I dunno which :(

Crap...Want to find an alternative team if possible B-K-DzR? Or shall we PM people and see what the story is...I think OP is still on for it at least and I might be able to wrangle a few people if I get details.

I presume this team won't be training, just matches is it?

🤪

Figured that was something we could decide when we met up (regarding training). Ye im well up for it.

Right so shall we say meet in UCD at about 6 and see who turns up and decide from there...

🤪

Okie sounds good

OK - forum bar tomorrow at 6! Hope to see all previous posters there!!!

Also, coming in main gates, which way do you go for bar? (sorry havent been on campus except the one time I took the wrong bus - the 10 - and ended up in there!!!)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yep Il be there. Did the bupa run on Sunday and I was so mega unfit!I had to walk the last 2 km! So really wanna get into the tag now for a bit of craic and fitness.

See ya Tommorow.Il bring one of those mini rugby balls and put it on the table so everyone knows where to meet!

The forum bar (near the student centre) at 6

Advertisement