Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby in UCD?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Yeah I should be there. There is some info on the IRFU tag tournament here http://www.irishrugby.ie/848_85.php

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

If ya can find your way to the arts block (John Henry Newman Building)/library (both opposite side of lake from main entrance) then its pretty easy.

When standing at library, turn to face the lake, turn left and walk along under the sheltery thing. When it ends you cross a road and on your right is the student centre. Continue straight (towards the sports complex) till you come to end of the student centre building. There should be a large open area a level below you (tho surrounded by small trees iirc) to your right. On that small area you will find a bar which if i haven't mixed them up again is where we shall be/
    I sent ya a pm anyways :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm gonna have to pop in and out, say hello, etc. only have about 10 mins to spare. But wotever is organised, put me down as a definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    I'm gonna have to pop in and out, say hello, etc. only have about 10 mins to spare. But wotever is organised, put me down as a definite.

Well do try pop in for a minute if you can.If we dont get enough people for a team today Il out up some posters round UCD looking for players for toolose. Seeya at 6 people. All invited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'll be there but a bit late. I've to stay at home to watch the TV3 news cause I might be on it, titter!

• Advertisement

So were ya on the news? Ya better have BEEN the news since you didnt show! :p

B-K-DzR wrote:
    So were ya on the news? Ya better have BEEN the news since you didnt show! :p

I wasn't on the news, + I was head there when I had to go help people. No really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I was down there earlier, but didn't see anyone with rugby balls on tables. Sat down with cool bevvie and waited for 20mins before checking all tables and asking a few punters if they knew anything about a Tag Rugby team being set up and then leaving. Did anything happen today? Any decisions on training/manouveres happening?

There was no rugby ball as someone forgot. We shan't name names.

No decesions really. Same person forgot the printed files etc tho we shall forgive her ;)

Only 4 +1johnnyflav showed up(+2 other who didnt show). We gonna see if we can get some more before working out exact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I was working at home on a essay so I wasn't about in UCD. But sure it'll be grand to have a few sessions playing tag rugby. I think it'll be casual. We don't need to buy some shorts with tags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Think there are 2 other people that were supposed to show - they have been sent threatening PMs. :p We're a close knit team really

Now score tries or else...

🤪

Ok all, shall we arrange another meet-up for Wednesday? 6 again IN forum bar (or the Centre Bar as it is now called which threw me off...).

We shall try to have the rugby ball for the table but if anyone is confused as to who we are, look for the guy in the shirt looking just a little bit out of place...

🤪

You do realise that everybody will be very busy with exams coming up in three weeks. Why not discuss this after the exams? There's not much we can do now at this stage.

We can register......

:p

🤪

It's not like a meeting for 30mins is gonna make or break your exams? Besides everyone needs to eat at some point but thats a decesion you'd have to make for yourself.

Thing that would worry me is that if we wait till after the exams, the signups for the leagues might be closed etc.

I study at home so it would take me longer than 30 mins out of my studies. I think its a great idea though. I'm still up for playing anyway. We should definitely register anyhow. Where would be doing it? Blackrock? Rathfarnham in Bushy Park or Templeogue College?

It will be the site that suits most people has a semi-social league that isn't full but isnt empty and is still taking registrations...

Thats the main reason for meet - just to organise and we'll be good to go. No point registering if people cant go to a certain site or on a particular day, etc. Don't need a lot of time but it's nice to put faces to names and so on and so forth...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

im putting up posters on Monday looking for more players.So hopefully we can out off regestring till Friday and by then we should have a complete squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Well I have found another guy who said he would play so that is +1 for numbers. Unfortunately he is french, but on the plus side he might add some gallic flair

Depends on which side of him turns up on the day :)

Ok, when is cut-off for registration? All ok for wednesday at 6 again?

🤪

• Advertisement

Closing date for Reg. for tagrugby.ie is 30th April with many venues filling out...IRFU is still signing up but we really need to get cracking on this. If we meet Wednesday and get a full list of people we can get registered with a suitable venue.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sorry, I haven't read the thread, but there's a tag rugby team that train behind and beside my apartment (the pitch/grassy area behind Glenomena and in front of NovaUCD), maybe you could see what the sca is with them? They were there on Wednesday evening and Saturday afternoon.

I probably should have said this earlier, huh.

Cool, thanks for that...

Better late than never anyways! And it's nice that someone else bumps the thread to the top :p

🤪

Ok I'd just like to check numbers for tonight so I know if its worth my time getting a bus to UCD...

6 o'clock IN forum bar suit people? PM me if you want my number so that you can find us straight away. Doesn't have to be a long meeting, just to find out what venue suits people so we can register immediately...

Have rules and details of Tagrugby.ie league printed and with me too...

🤪

I should be able to pop in for a few minutes once the ArtSoc meeting isn't too long. What's the table defining feature this time?

Probably me again.....
    Blue shirt, leather jacket (black), black pants & earphones in unless somebody has arrived........

Hopefully there is a ball though.

🤪

I might be able to make it after the ArtsSoc meeting anyway.

Excellent! Do ye know the times of the meeting (start-finish?)

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote:
    Excellent! Do ye know the times of the meeting (start-finish?)

The meeting is on in the Arts Block Th P from 5pm onwards. It'll basically last until all business is sorted. I can't imagine it lasting for long. There's another thread about it.

• Advertisement

I'll try to make this again but unsure atm if i can. Depends if we can ge this project finished ontime.

Advertisement