Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby in UCD?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Please all try to make it...Just trying to sort final details regarding venue...Each venue has a different cost and also, we are trying to make it convenient!

2 things against us - 1) Venues filling out 2) Registration closes in 5 days.

Need to have confirmed numbers and venue tonight so that all can be taken care of......

Keeping it at 6 in the forum bar

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ill be there at 6, but i can only stay 10 mins. Basically, I am in, but I would vote the terenure venue if possible.

OK see you there...Quick meeting is ideal!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

In case I'm stuck at a meeting basically I can do every day bar Tuesdays and not too bothered where it is tbh.

For all those who either can't make it or are a bit unsure please rate the following locations in order of preference (1-x will do...)

Dublin Airport
    Celbridge
    Blackrock RFC
    Malahide
    Terenure
    Wesley College, Ballinteer

Will be a Wednesday or Thursday...Also, to completely register we need a credit card and swift payments from team...Im not in UCD campus and don't have credit card so can't take that responsibility...Any volunteers - I can pay immediately...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

I assume it's blackrock in err blackrock. This would be the most ideal for me. Others i dont even have a clue where/how to get to at the moment but i guess i can get to any with a decent public transport link

Prob best to go with Wesley, Blackrock or Terenure as if there's a lot of UCD students that'll prob be easier for people, I know it will for me!

OK, good meeting last night...
    Anyway it's been decided that we will play in Wesley College in Ballinteer, Dublin 16. It's on the 75 bus route...

Cost for the team is €590 and must buy shorts (€15).

I don't have access to a credit card...Anyone who does who would like to volunteer and money can be collected at next meeting.

*Edit* - final decision on name? Registering today, we can go into pending status and pay later...
    *Edit2* - I think it's decided to go with Grade C

🤪

What day?

dajaffa: Blackrock was what we initially decided but its only grade a spots left so we gave that idea a good kicking. Ballinteer seemed best.

• Advertisement

Its on a Tuesday...Really the only feasible slot available...

Team names anyone?

🤪

I'm crap at coming up with names. Always have been :P

how about... "Disorganised" or something ;)

Nothing wrong with my organisation :p

🤪

Aww I've to do hockey on Tuesdays so I'm afraid I'm one of theose dopout types :(

Best of luck, I'll be there in spirit!

Hmm...so we have started to lose squad members already, could at least have waited til we lost a game!!! (or taken registration monies :) )

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm afraid I'll have to drop out too.

Any more out, I'm looking at those who haven't managed to make meetings yet!

Hmm.....

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Yeah i am afraid I wont be able to do it either. Sorry guys.

Honestly I thought you had lost interest a while back randomchild...
    We seem to be back to the original team +2 then...

I hope.........

🤪

Right M.I.The Pub is signed up...
    -was thinking M.I.A. (Missing In Action) but changed at last minute.

Anyway, whats in a name...

🤪

• Advertisement

Got a phone call from this crowd today asking for payment etc. Guess we need to figure out sharpish if we want to participate. Starts Tuesday week and payment must be in by next wednesday.

If anyone interested who didn't talk to us, now is the time to do it and if you were in and now don't want to be anymore now is also the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Got a phone call from this crowd today asking for payment etc. Guess we need to figure out sharpish if we want to participate. Starts Tuesday week and payment must be in by next wednesday.

If anyone interested who didn't talk to us, now is the time to do it and if you were in and now don't want to be anymore now is also the time.

I got my elective up heer so Il definatly be around for the summer. However I int be able to start playing Tuesday as Ive got repeats so Im out of action for at least the next three weeks!Soz guys!Oh and Ive definatly got two girls that are intrested!

As usual count me in.

Altho my skills have somewhat diminished since my other team switched to the tag shorts. Firstly, the shorts are crap, but more importantly those tags are very hard to get a hold of! I think many sprained/broken fingers will be had!

OK we can stop sign-ups...16 players interested!!! Now, can all players contact B-K-DzR so we can pay him...He was good enough to front the bill. Also we need shorts - can get them from a link from the tagrugby.ie page or there is a sports shop in Dun Laoghaire.

Matches starting Tuesday week in Ballinteer! - Will give further details soon when we know kick-off times,etc.

And we got there!!!!!!!!somehow :)

**Edit** - Free Shipping if we order 12 pairs of shorts so that's probably the better way to go. I can take care of that order online if ye are interested. Navy sound good to all and we should wear red t-shirts so team is identifiable (if everyone could bring a navy t-shirt as back up in case teams clash)...

🤪

Since i'm based in Dun Laoghaire i can (if needs be) find this mythical sports shop sabre heard about and get shorts at short (hoho) notice ;)

If all 16 decide not to drop out its only €37 a head (incase u were wondering). That includes end of season social event run by the tag rugby crowd iirc. If you DO decide to drop out let us know so we can repalce you (we can basically have a different team playing each week and chop and change team etc. We just need to register the players we want to use at the star of the week).

Stick me down for a pair of shorts plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

If somebody is ordering shorts stick me down as well and I will pay you when I get back into the country

how many squad members in theory could we register each week? Can we take full 16 and chop and change as necessary?

🤪

12 i think is a max squad per week with 7 playing at any one time. I assume we'll have a couple drop outs each week else we will have to do some sort of rota i guess.

For those who want shorts could you say whether you wanna get them yourselves or if you prefer we get them for you give us your size ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Put me down for the shorts.Il be really busy for the next two weeks and then im on gp rotation in Athea Limerick for two weeks after that but then Im blissfully free for the summer . Bk Il meet up with you next week to pay you wherever suits (il pm you).

• Advertisement

No worries.

Advertisement