Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could meet any wrestler it would be...

• 13-03-2007 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

A simple enough question. I think it might get some interesting answers. If you could meet any wrestler who would you like to meet and why?

In the interest of fairness (makes me sound like Vince McMahon) as well as your pick you can choose a legendary wrestler and a diva (this will save all of you simply choosing Maria ;))

My picks...

Wrestler I'd most like to meet - Kurt Angle

I'd not only ask him about his great matches but also the sit-down interview he did with Rock years ago which was hilarious.

Diva I'd most like to meet - Maria

Must I explain this one?!

Legend I'd most like to meet - Bret Hart

Love to tell him how much I admire his matches as well as that Hall of Fame speech he gave which was outstanding.

Your picks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

My picks...

Wrestler I'd most like to meet - Triple H

Huge fan. Think he's class in the ring.

Diva I'd most like to meet - Any of them. It wouldn't be a wrestling discussion!

Legend I'd most like to meet - Steve Austin

I know he's had his ups and downs with the WWE and God knows he'd probably stun me if I met him but i'd still love to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I've too many to name really, but Triple H, Austin, Flair, McMahon, Rock would be top 10!

In the diva section, i'd love to meet Trish or Lita.

As for legends, i'd love to go drinking with Andre the Giant, that guy could drink, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wrestler - The Undertaker. He hasn't done many interviews over the years, so it'd be interesting to hear from him

Legend - I'd say Mick Foley, only I've probably read or heard most of his stories already. So I'd pick Harley Race. Brilliant wrestler, I'd love to ask him about a few things

Diva - I wouldn't mind havin a few words with Trish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Out of everyone I'd really want to meet Vince McMahon.

Wrestler- Shawn Michaels. His longevity staggers me and in someways he's better now what he was 10 years ago.

Legend-I'd have a table of Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Bobby Heenan, Jessie Ventura, Ric Flair and Roddy Piper.

Diva- Any of them. Beggars can't be choosers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

George the animal Steel or Coco B. Ware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Current wrestler: Christian because he's funny.

Legend: Ted Dibiase (Put Ted Dibiase into a youtube search and click on the second link! Priceless)

Diva:Mickie James because she's hot as biscuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

wrestler: HHH
    I think the guy is an AMAZING wrestler...Im a HUGE fan of his

diva:
    stacy.........need i say more?

legend:
    Bret hart....
    I watched this guys as I was growing up and it was something about his matches that made me keep wanting to come back to watching pro wrestling.
    His matches with absolutely anyone were legendary and I agree with nice guy that his speech at the hall of fame was class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Wrestler i'd most like to meet : Chris Jericho

And i could have too, he was in wrestlingmania before the fozzy gig last year and i was late :( My friends said he was a nice guy too.

Diva : Christy Hemme She'll always be the best looking WWE/TNA Diva to me. Was so jealous of the fat oily guy ;)

Legend : Not sure, probably Foley, Rock or Austin. I woulda said Hogan to see if i could relive a boyhood dream but it probably wont come true i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

My picks...

Wrestler I'd most like to meet - Triple H

He is just so god damn good.

Diva I'd most like to meet - Michelle Mc Cool

She is hot

Legend I'd most like to meet - Bret Hart

Love to tell him how much I admire his matches as well as that Hall of Fame speech he gave which was outstanding.
    I AGREE 100% HERE WITH MR NICE GUY

Your picks?

THATS IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

For me the current wrestler I'd like to meet would be CM Punk. From the shoot interviews I've seen with him he seems really funny and level headed. Also I'd like to ask him about the legends he's worked with like Eddie, Foley, Steamboat etc to see his perspective. Also hearing his thoughts on his ROH title reign would be pretty cool.
    The Legend would be, probably Andre. Go for a few pints with him and see if anyone messes with ya!
    The Diva, or Knockout in this case would be TNA's Leticia. Just cos ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Double C wrote:
    For me the current wrestler I'd like to meet would be CM Punk. From the shoot interviews I've seen with him he seems really funny and level headed. Also I'd like to ask him about the legends he's worked with like Eddie, Foley, Steamboat etc to see his perspective. Also hearing his thoughts on his ROH title reign would be pretty cool.
    The Legend would be, probably Andre. Go for a few pints with him and see if anyone messes with ya!
    The Diva, or Knockout in this case would be TNA's Leticia. Just cos ;)

Your picks actually make a lot of sense cos you could go drinking with Andre while CM Punk could be the designated driver since he's straight edge. :)

And since Punk is involved with Maria and since Andre would probably drink himself silly, you'd have Leticia all to yourself. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Wrestler I'd most like to meet - Austin, met alot of WWE wrestlers (including Austin) but i'd say he would be great to chat to, always comes off as very knowledgeable in any interviews i've seen of him.

Diva I'd most like to meet - Lita, the reason I got back into watching wrestling, always been a fan....kinda explains it. Otherwise I would say Victoria, been a fan of hers since her OVW days!

Legend I'd most like to meet - Steamboat. I've actually met him twice but would love to chat to him bout his career. Closely followed by Piper, he has a great outlook on life, i bet he would be great to have a chat to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Your picks actually make a lot of sense cos you could go drinking with Andre while CM Punk could be the designated driver since he's straight edge. :)

And since Punk is involved with Maria and since Andre would probably drink himself silly, you'd have Leticia all to yourself. :cool:

:D
    heh, Alllllright!
    Legend I'd most like to meet - Steamboat. I've actually met him twice but would love to chat to him bout his career. Closely followed by Piper, he has a great outlook on life, i bet he would be great to have a chat to.

Good call on Piper, he would have some great stories to tell. Like the time he offended people in Mexico and went back the following week to play the Mexican national anthem on the bagpipes as a peace offering, but played La Cuca Racha (sp!!) instead. Awesome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Vince McMahon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Steamboat was at the last Smackdown shows in the point. I noticed him when I was going to the toilet.

He was off to the back behind all the seats. Two security guards quite close to him so I didn't go over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Steamboat was at the last Smackdown shows in the point. I noticed him when I was going to the toilet.

He was off to the back behind all the seats. Two security guards quite close to him so I didn't go over.

Seen him at last 3/4 shows here. Usually sits at ringside watching on. Finlay used to do the same before he made his comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evee_03

Current Wrestler: Undertaker or Shawn Michaels. loved them growing up! used to be in awe of them. remember seeing Undertaker @ the Point in '95. Unbelieveable!!!!!:D

Diva I'd like to meet: Trish, definitely!! she'll be in the hall of fame someday!! i guarentee it!!!

Legend I'd like to meet: Bret Hart!!! Hands down!! Seen him in '95 as well. Amazing!! I remember the Montreal Screwjob too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Alexander Karelin.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Current Wrestler: The Undertaker. The man has mystified me since I was a little HorseRadish :D

Diva I'd like to meet: Having met Trish,Lilian and Mickie already ;) I'd have to say Lita :D

Legend I'd like to meet: Again,would have to be the Hitman,although telling Steve Austin to his face he was a legend and him taking a pic with me,signing a magazine and shaking my hand was enough for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wrestler - Edge. he seems like a cool guy

Diva - Maria or Torrie. id have to make it a no bra and panties affair

legend - Austin definitely. He just is the best ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Mr.Kennedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Colt Cabana and Christopher Daniels! Woo! I should go post in the IWW thread now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

JBL is witty, intelligent and has forged a successful career outside wrestling, i think he would be an interesting person to meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Wrestler I'd most like to meet - Mick Foley, but as someone has said before me I've probably read or heard most of his stories already. So I'd pick the Undertaker. Wonder if he'd be as a approachable though.

Diva I'd most like to meet - Trish Stratus, oooh yea! My favorite diva ever. Liked Sable back in the day too.

Legend I'd most like to meet - Ted DiBiase, there's so many living legends I'd love to meet though but he's one of my all-time favorites. Some great matches of his time in Japan if anyone cares to check 'em out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Legend Hulk Hogan/Rock
    Current Undertaker/ HHH
    Diva Lita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Legend - Stone Cold or The Rock
    Current - Mr.Kennedy,MVP and Gregory Helms

Advertisement