Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Domain Logon

• 13-03-2007 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition. New Server. One user is taking an incredibly long time to logon to the tune of maybe 15 minutes! Its only a new profile so it shouldnt be large. It takes the same amount of time every time regardless of which machine it logs on to. Any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you sure he hasn't done something like copy a 2GB Pst or a DVD ISO into his profile? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,448 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

you got your dns pointing at the new server? logons an be slow with server 2003 if its not the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Its a brand new server system so there is very little data to be moved. I've been playing around with it and if I wait fort it to login once then I can log in and out fairly quickly but if I reboot at all then the next logon takes forever again! Help me Jebus!!!

Its DHCP and the dns is pointing to the server....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

do you have any software installs in AD ?
    some of the settings have a timeout of 10 minutes

are they part of different group than other users

copy the user to another user in AD and see if the problem is inherited - if so delete user and create again from scratch.

do you use roaming profiles

http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/1468301

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

any policies in use will cause a slow down in the login times, is this a new server with AD? What OU is the client in and check the policies again, it's likely that the Computer policy isn't right.

do the client and server resolve each other via nslookup?
    distance an issue?
    Speed and duplex of the nics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

any policies in use will cause a slow down in the login times

Group Policies properly implemented have a very small footprint on logon times, simple switch off the sections you dont use.

You can enable detailed logging of the whole log on process which shows the time it takes for each part to complete, I cant remember the exact details but I use to use it years ago when setting the cut off point between Roaming Profiles and downloading local profiles.

As the Capt'n said
    if so delete user and create again from scratch.

Post how you get on

Advertisement