Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Administration Building?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

the disco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

...or the taco bell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

There's a pyromaniac living in that giant egg thing down by the Vet school. I'm not saying it was him or anything, just putting it out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

abelard wrote:
    Your very presence, Aristotle, is more noteworthy than the picture ;)

The guy in your picture also seems to be hailing the building, or perhaps calling down further wrath.
    and was there some sort of 'bald guys convention' going on that day as well.

The pyro is drew from home and away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

After the librofire myself and Arbeit were having a schmoke by the "wall" . Suddenly some man who was dressed a bit like Whithnail and carrying a vintage suitcase asked for directions to the library... all a bit suss and we seen the funny side of it. I fear we came close to the Belfield Burner

and for those of you who dont know

Whithnail -> withnail14.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I was talking to someone whos mother's office was burnt out, it was in pensions and she said all the files in the office were paper and were burnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

so what are we to do until the Admin block opens? I have a friend who needs his J1 form stamped...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

tywy wrote:
    so what are we to do until the Admin block opens? I have a friend who needs his J1 form stamped...

Don't know if it was in an email which I deleted or ucd.ie, but there's definitely something somewhere to say to go to somewhere in Arts (I think!) where they'll do all that stuff for you, it specifically said stamping j1 forms too.

EDIT - It was on Blackboard

Thu, Mar 15, 2007 -- UCD Student Desk – temporary relocation of services

UCD Student Desk – temporary relocation of services

Due to unforeseen circumstances, student desk services will be temporarily relocated to the Arts and Human Sciences Programme Office in the Newman Building (located on the A-D concourse).

Please come to the desk for all student desk services such as:

* Document stamping
    * J1 visa queries
    * Resit information

For ID cards – please contact Justine in the Law Programme Office in Roebuck Castle.

All academic queries will continue to be dealt with by your Programme Office: http://www.ucd.ie/stu_programmeoffices.htm

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to resume normal services very shortly.
    Posted by Administrator Blackboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bloodedrose

*I* heard (and this may be lies) that someone had Stuff (like paper and things) on the back of their computer, computer was left on over night and *boom* fire.

Buuuuurning.....

This is my first post on boards.ie by the way. *hi* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

^^^ Hello....

I think I want to believe in the Phantom Pyromaniac... I like the idea of suspense in a humdrum existence. My money is still on Grimes though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

AFAIK the offices are open again. People (non-builder types) were smoking outside the entrance on Friday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

elmyra wrote:
    spate of arson in UCD?

Sure UCD is full of people arson around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

boneless wrote:
    ^^^ Hello....

I think I want to believe in the Phantom Pyromaniac... I like the idea of suspense in a humdrum existence. My money is still on Grimes though...

In all fairness I seen boneless casting a spell on the Admin bulding that afternoon.

hes a Witch ! ! WIIIITTTCCHHHHH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My money is on Jonny Arson.. a bit of a coicidence he appears on the scene the same time things start hotting up round here.

Advertisement