Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new build <3 <3 <3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Pics!!!
    Nice machine. I know what you mean about it almost feeling like a waste :p
    So much processing power, so little to do :)

e-peen++

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Khannie wrote:
    You taking the mick? End of 07? Who the feck wants to wait that long?

Sure that's always the way anyway.

Exactly! I took the plunge and bought an e6600 to overclock now, mainly because I bought supreme commander and dont want to leave it on the shelf for a few months.

But sure, think about it this way: If I had not bought a Gateway pentium 120 MHz back in 97 (maybe it was 98?), think of the beast I would have now if i had waited 10 years for core2duo to appear. Who's laughing now!

Buy now, upgrade later....rinse and repeat.

EDIT: my memory is fading in middle twenties, it was further back than that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Pentium 120 was mid 95, early 96, the P150 came out around the end of 95 as well, I got a p75 around this time, up from a 386 :) (maybe I should have waited for the PPro?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah, it was our first ever family PC. The day was spent browsing through Encarta and other microsoft related crap.

Can't remember the first game I got for it...

It looked something like this or this.

Advertisement