Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small black particles in tap water?

Options
  • 13-03-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with very small black particles sometimes being present in their kitchen tap water. Could the hydrocare black plastic pipe be somehow breaking down after all these years, or might they be soil particles perhaps due to a leak somewhere? I prefer drinking tap water than throwing away money on bottled, so I'd like to sort this out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I assume you are on a public water supply i.e. you dont have your own well. At home, we have our own well and a submersible pump. The pipe for the old one, and the foot-valve were thickly lined with red mud, when we had the new pump fitted their was a lot of this mud clogging the filter on the dishwasher and washing machine as well as causing other problems, we were told that it would go away as the mud would be flushed from the system when the well settled. We ended up getting a filter attached that screened it out, which necessitated in a weekly cleaning with a dish-scrubber.
    You could probably get such a filter attached to your watermains right after the master valve under the sink, or where ever the rising mains enters the house.

Advertisement