Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent veg stores in Dublin city centre

• 13-03-2007 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Morning all,

When walking home from work it seems that there is a severe lack of shops that carry a wide variety of fruit&vegetables. Dunnes on Georges St, Supervalu on Talbot etc. stock the bare essentials. I would in fact prefer an independent shop but realise that's an increasingly rare commodity in Dublin these days :( Anyone recommend anywhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi there's a fruit and veg place on Wexfrod street called Evergreen (I think?) but also there are some great fruit and veg street traders on Wexford St/Camden St that stock everything you can imagine so why not try them too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Evergreen is ridiculously expensive. the stalls are fairly good, really nice owners, Very reasonably priced though but I'd use everything from there within two days of purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Yeah I tend to use the stalls myself but if there was something they didn't stock Evergreen might, and its just across the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

How about Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer Street just off George's Street?

I'm not sure if they are expensive or not but they have a great selection of fruit and veg and are open to 10pm most days.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rawpower

cheers lads...don't remember there being street traders on Wexford/Camden street?? Will look on way home all the same and try Fallon if not...thanks again...

• Advertisement
Advertisement